Question about increase in payrate?

edxzaws

Sorry if its already been asked. I've looked around and haven't seen an answer to it.

I recently received a 1.05 raise. I thought I would be getting the 35 and 35 that is outlined in the contract.

Can someone explain this to me. I'm a part timer working in the small sort hired in 05.

Is this going to be an every year thing?

Last edited:

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Ed, this depends on what your seniority date is.
You got .35 from the (split) general wage increase, an additional .50 to bring you up to what you're due with your # of years into progression, and IF your seniority date is on or around aug. 1, the last .50 is your progression/anniversary raise (if your sen. date is nowhere near august, it sounds like a mistake was made). Hence the $1.05 (bringing you up to 12.35/sorting or 11.35/other if I'm correct).
On feb. 1 2009 you'll get the other .35, on your 4 year anniversary (in 2009) you'll get .87, and on aug. 1 2009 the gwi will be .375

edxzaws

Thanks to the for the response.

My seniority date is in June. I got my normal 50 cents in June and got this 1.05 now for a total of 1.55.

So I'm still going to be getting a raise on my normal seniority date on top of the two 35 cent raises? Not bad.