Question about job application

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by optikz, Jun 14, 2016.

1. optikz

optikz Member

Hello.

I currently work for fedex and was informed by a few of my friends that work over at ups that they were looking for some outside drivers. According to them they are in need of quite a few drivers. I looked online and saw that the job was posted and I applied. it told me it would take 15-20 minutes to complete. Then it told me "The location you have selected does not have any available appointment times for the work shift you indicated as your preference" after I clicked on the application. I did not have an option to pick a shift. Now it's saying the application is complete.

Not sure if it went through but they are telling me I just need to go up there and talk to the manager. Would yall recommend that? I'm not sure if the application went through or not even though it says complete. I never did anything other than create a profile and hit apply for the job.

2. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Yes, go and talk with HR.

3. optikz

optikz Member

Is HR local? I ask because at fedex at my station, they go through a screening process that is handled externally.

4. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

If it's a larger location (hub), there is probably a HR Representative on site sometime during the day.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Good luck trying to find someone that will talk with you.

6. optikz

optikz Member

Well they gave me the managers name and told me to talk to him. So I guess it won't hurt to go up there

7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Get Mom to go over there.

8. upschuck

We have people there most days from 9 - 9. Usually not hard to find someone.

9. upschuck

Depends on where you are, but HR is the one who hires you.

10. snarts

snarts Member

When you get that message it means they have the maximum amount of applicants needed. If they didn't you would of have got a time and date for an interview right away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

If I was the manager I would like to shake your hand and look you in the eye. It shows initiative and if you want the job you'll be able to say that in person.