Question about new FT Driver

Mikey123

Im currently in my 30 day probation for FT driver. My question is, if they have me deliver a miss load or have me come in on Sat to do Sat Air driving, do they have to automatically pass me? thanks

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Im currently in my 30 day probation for FT driver. My question is, if they have me deliver a miss load or have me come in on Sat to do Sat Air driving, do they have to automatically pass me? thanks
We had an on-road that was infamous for disqualifying drivers at day 28 or 29.

Mikey123

So if I don't beat my route, but im like 1.5 or less over under and do everything else right should I pass? Im concerned taking shortcuts will be the only way to "Beat" my route lol

werenotthepostoffice

So if I don't beat my route, but im like 1.5 or less over under and do everything else right should I pass? Im concerned taking shortcuts will be the only way to "Beat" my route lol
Every center and every sup is different. Be safe,don't have a wreck or get hurt and DO NOT DO ANYTHING DISHONEST! If you can do the job they will qualify you.

T

Turdferguson

Each center is different. Most of the time if you are showing progress and giving an honest effort the will qualify you. Ask around in your center talk to other drivers

werenotthepostoffice

And most important,have fun! Once you top our as a FT driver you will make great money,you will(for the most part)meet nice people on your route and when you get to the point that you just do not care what management thinks or cares about you,the job is really easy.

Mikey123

I am PT to FT. Yea I guess they just threw a route togeather and its not even a training route. Does that make a difference?

Tough Guy

I thought the "free period" starts in November? So therefore wouldn't days driven in November and December not count toward probation days?

BrownTexas

Document everything that you do. If for some reason you are disqualified the union might be able to get you back at it. Driving for 30 days in 120 day period qualifies you regardless of their "package". Keep up with the days you drive.