Question about overtime after 40 hours.

1000RR

I am a part timer that works inside the hub. After looking at my check for this week I realized that they did not pay time and a half for my hours over 40. I know the pay period starts on Sunday and goes to Saturday. I asked my co workers and they said that since I worked Sunday and made double time (worked the saturday also after thanksgiving and I'm In the Central Region) that it does not count toward my 40 hours worked. I am being told that in order to get time and a half for over 40 hours you have to get over 40 STRAIGHT TIME hours. Is this true? I was under the assumption that it was 40 hours total worked.

midwest brown

I was told today as a pter, that I only get ot for hours worked past 8 that day. I just talked to my steward about this earlier today and that is the answer he gave me.

1000RR

Here in central region it is time and half over 5 hours of work per day if you are part time and work inside the hub/center. Driver helper time does not count for some reason.

Ouch

Driver helper time does not count here. Overtime is any after 5. I had a preload helper that made helper pay. I dont know if it has changed but the part timers that helped made less money as a helper than their pay as a hub worker.

Stonefish

In the Central, if a part-time employee double shifts in the building it is overtime after 5. We have them working 11 hours a day which is 6 hours OT. They are making a killing.
If they are a driver helper it is overtime after 40. It is Article 11, Section 5 of the CRT.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I am a part timer that works inside the hub. After looking at my check for this week I realized that they did not pay time and a half for my hours over 40. I know the pay period starts on Sunday and goes to Saturday. I asked my co workers and they said that since I worked Sunday and made double time (worked the saturday also after thanksgiving and I'm In the Central Region) that it does not count toward my 40 hours worked. I am being told that in order to get time and a half for over 40 hours you have to get over 40 STRAIGHT TIME hours. Is this true? I was under the assumption that it was 40 hours total worked.

Your assumption is wrong; the contract clearly states that overtime cannot be pyramided. At the end of the pay period, you will receive OT for time worked beyond 40, in accordance with federal law. HOWEVER... if you've already received OT for some of that time - in accordance with the CBA - you will not receive double-double-double OT.

For example:
A PT employee worked 30 hours Preload last week, 5 of which was paid at the OT rate. That same employee driver helped for another 20 hours, bringing his weekly total to 50 hours. That employee is entitled to 10 hours OT -- as 5 have been paid already, he will be credited 5 hours jumping OT.