Question about picking up my package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting a delivery today between 2:45PM-6:45PM, but seeing as how I've had bad experiences with deliverymen not even bothering to walk down the hall to my door to deliver and leaving a note instead and infuriating me to no end, I decided to not take the risk this time.

I noticed that on the UPS site there's an option for Vacation Settings. I chose "Deliver to a UPS Access Point™ location", and selected the Access Point location down the street from me. I was wondering if this would enable me to head over to the location before noon and be able to successfully receive my package?

UPS4Life

I'm just going to guess but I would assume you would have to have your package initially sent there. If not the only way you could pick it up before noon is if the package car delivered it there before noon.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I'm just going to guess but I would assume you would have to have your package initially sent there. If not the only way you could pick it up before noon is if the package car delivered it there before noon.

Well I don't really care if it's before noon, I just don't want to find a note on my door at 6:30PM, after the Access Point is already closed, at which point I'd have to wait another day. That's my real fear.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It all depends on when the driver delivers that stop. Ask them what time they usually get delivered because we are from all over the country and have no idea when that particular stop gets delivered.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
There are many options for an alternate delivery site. A neighbor who's always home, the complex office, your workplace, etc. but it's your responsibility to leave a note, go online, or call to give UPS that info. Believe it or not the driver does want to get that box off his truck the first day.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I'm expecting a delivery today between 2:45PM-6:45PM, but seeing as how I've had bad experiences with deliverymen not even bothering to walk down the hall to my door to deliver and leaving a note instead and infuriating me to no end, I decided to not take the risk this time.

I noticed that on the UPS site there's an option for Vacation Settings. I chose "Deliver to a UPS Access Point™ location", and selected the Access Point location down the street from me. I was wondering if this would enable me to head over to the location before noon and be able to successfully receive my package?
Access Point™ is only in 2 markets right now. Some thoughts that came to mind (I've only read the press release & seen video of a similar operation in Europe):
  • You could call that location and ask when UPS usually delivers
  • Track the package periodically, there should be some kind of change in status when the driver tenders it to the Access Point™
Don't forget to bring your ID!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Forget all that junk. Get smart and tip the driver. You will get service like you never seen before. Believe me, I'm like a trained seal for customers that tip. Want late, early service? No problem...

Thanks for the responses guys!

I chose to have it held at my nearest AP (literally down the block). I'm going to call as soon as they open at 9AM just to make sure they hold my package.

Does anyone know whether or not I can pick my package up earlier than the end date of my "vacation"? UPS wouldn't withhold it from me right?

edit: After seeing a slew of 1-star reviews, I've changed my mind and am praying the deliveryman is in a good mood today..

barnyard

KTM rider
For information on delivery, please call the 800# or UPS via FB. There is a post stickied at the top of the forum page that explains that.

Status
Not open for further replies.