question about possible future employment

DropDead

Doug Heffernan Who?
I'm a Driver Helper

Here Is my situation: I had a bad knee before I even started the season as a helper (not my first) and for the past three days I told the helper coordinator I wasn't available to work because of it. I even went to a dr and was referred to an orthopedist. If I don't get called for the remainder of the season I understand because I said no to work.

I was wondering if I ever wanted to apply for a job with UPS after the holidays, would they even consider hiring me?

browner89

Your only chance will still be to reapply at a later date, they probably won't be hiring anyone for a month or two, but it doesn't hurt to apply. Just don't count on it and look for other work.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm a Driver Helper

Here Is my situation: I had a bad knee before I even started the season as a helper (not my first) and for the past three days I told the helper coordinator I wasn't available to work because of it. I even went to a dr and was referred to an orthopedist. If I don't get called for the remainder of the season I understand because I said no to work.

I was wondering if I ever wanted to apply for a job with UPS after the holidays, would they even consider hiring me?

Getting hired with a pre-existing condition like a bad knee?

Don't count on it.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
No one really knows if their hiring you in the future or not. Doubt they even retain anything about you have a knee condition. The supervisors can't even keep paper work on their desk for request offs and whats going on. So apply and see what happens.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm a Driver Helper

You applied and got hired as a helper.

You worked as a helper before.

You buggered up your knee somehow before you got hired this year.

You never mentioned it to UPS.

You want to be a permanent hire.

Somewhere down the line, if are hired, you are hoping for a workers' comp situation to get your knee fixed and/or possibly a buyout.