Question about Preloading

UPSGUY72

I was told by someone that I would be paid time and a half for anything past 5 hours in a day.

Is that true?

You will hard ever work more than 5 hours unless they ask you to work preload and local sort than if you work more than 8 between both shifts you only get OT for time over 8 hours.

I work 8 hours a day during peak. I thought during my first 5 hours I make 1.)$9.50 2. $9.50 3.)$9.50 4.) $9.50 5.) $9.50 and during the last 3 hours hours...6.)$14ish 7.) $14ish 8.) $14ish.

Do I not make 3 hours of time and a half each day of peak? around 15 hours of time and half total each week?

My paycheck for first week of peak does NOT reflect this...

UPSGUY72

I work 8 hours a day during peak. I thought during my first 5 hours I make 1.)$9.50 2. $9.50 3.)$9.50 4.) $9.50 5.) $9.50 and during the last 3 hours hours...6.)$14ish 7.) $14ish 8.) $14ish.

Do I not make 3 hours of time and a half each day of peak? around 15 hours of time and half total each week?

My paycheck for first week of peak does NOT reflect this...

If you work more than 5 but less than 8 you get time and a half for for that time over 5hrs. However if you work 8 hrs or more than you only get time and a half for the hours work over 8hrs.

If you can't understand that here is a example.

If you punch out and worked 7 hr and 59 minutes you get time and a half for 2 hr and 59 min. If you punch out at 8 hr and 00 min you don't get time and a half. If you punch out at 8hr and 5min you get time and a half for 5 min and 8hr of strait time.

UPSGUY72

Jesus Christ, UPSGUY..... thanks for the input

I really wish someone told me that....

. That really pisses me off.

Your welcome

IF you work more than 8 hrs a day your consider FT for that day that is why they only pay time and a half over 8.

So keep it under 8 and you will get time and a half for time over 5.

So why don't I clock out before exceeding 8 hours then? Should I?

What do other preloaders do? I was expecting a check of $400 or $500. MINE WAS ONLY $325!

The one thing that appealed to me about peak was the EXTRA money...What can I do?

I get paid more for 7 hours and 50 minutes than I do for 8 1/2 hours....

UPSGUY72

So why don't I clock out before exceeding 8 hours then? Should I?

What do other preloaders do? I was expecting a check of $400 or $500. MINE WAS ONLY $325!

The one thing that appealed to me about peak was the EXTRA money...What can I do?

I get paid more for 7 hours and 50 minutes than I do for 8 1/2 hours....

If I was working PT I would punch out before 8 hrs but that is me. Either by not volunteering for extra work or when they ask if anyone want to leave early say yes.

This is wrong UPSguy.

I have triple sorted working 16 and a half hours in one day.

Got paid regular for 5 hrs and overtime for 11 hrs and a half.

JonFrum

BrownTilly,

The rules for when you get straight time and when you get time-and-one-half are spelled out in your regional Supplement. They may differ from area to area.

Here in New England you get time-and-one-half after 5 hours if all the work is on your regular shift.

You get 8 hours straight time if you are scheduled to work 8 hours, or if during your shift, you agree to work on another shift after yours is over.

You probably would not have the "option" of intentionally punching out at 7:59 just to trigger the time-and-one-half-after-five-hours rule.

Nimnim

The Nim
Yeah, I've never had a shift go much more than 6, but if I work a double and there's any sort of break in between, even 1 minute, it then goes to 8 hours and then OT.