Question about promoting

DougH

So I'm not a employee but currently trying to get a part time gig package handling. My question is since ups mostly promotes within will my previous driving and delivering experience help me at all?

Sent using BrownCafe App

DougH

So I'm not a employee but currently trying to get a part time gig package handling. My question is since ups mostly promotes within will my previous driving and delivering experience help me at all?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Should of probally went more into detail.... I'm talking about in the future applying for a driving position would it help me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
Hourly promotions are bid on and the currency is seniority, the longer you're with the company the better your chances of winning the bid. No experience necessary!
Since you have driving experience I'd suggest you try to apply for a driver position as an outside hire, there your experience would matter. Seems based on some threads they're a lot of areas hurting for drivers and inside part timers aren't going for the jobs.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

Hourly promotions are bid on and the currency is seniority, the longer you're with the company the better your chances of winning the bid. No experience necessary!
Since you have driving experience I'd suggest you try to apply for a driver position as an outside hire, there your experience would matter. Seems based on some threads they're a lot of areas hurting for drivers and inside part timers aren't going for the jobs.

Sent using BrownCafe App
My building can't find enough qualified PT employees to go driving.

DougH

I've been doing a vending route for 5 years. For awhile I was actually driving the same trucks as ups uses. .. I would apply straight for a driver spot but my area never post the job, just the package handler. Well besides the seasonal but I couldn't afford to give up my job for a seasonal spot.

Sent using BrownCafe App

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've been doing a vending route for 5 years. For awhile I was actually driving the same trucks as ups uses. .. I would apply straight for a driver spot but my area never post the job, just the package handler. Well besides the seasonal but I couldn't afford to give up my job for a seasonal spot.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Good luck.

Humping cardboard is a little different than humping chips.

Jas85374

Well, just take a large bottle of ky for the interview, and tell them you're ready for "any position" should be hired on the spot.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jas85374

You obviously haven't loaded freight in years have you? Funny I read complaints about management and improper loads from drivers, I forgot.... Try loading in Phoenix heat going 360+ per hour and them wanting more. Doubling everyday and dealing with that is probably just as bad as prison rape.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bham brown

Sent using BrownCafe App

It will not help you get a driving job once you are a part-timer. Driving jobs are attained by seniority, not experience.