Question about Road Test

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Nope. I wanted to grind our gears but it didn't happen. Maybe next time.
images-37.jpeg

Don't forget to pack this in your lunchbox! Lol

Blue2Brown

I remember my road test and it was very easy. I only lost points because when I would shift gears I wouldn't put my right hand back on the steering wheel between shifts. If I had I would have been a perfect road test. Don't speed, constantly check your mirrors, honk horn when backing, keep hands on steering wheel between shifts, be a courteous driver, use your turn signal, thorough pretrip and RELAX. The guy rating me had me go in a Walmart parking lot and as I was going down a lane he pointed to the right and said go over there. He was trying to see if I would cut through the parking lot.

Sent using BrownCafe App

laffter

I was told that if you shake the car too much with your shifting, you'd get points added for that. But if you already know how to release the clutch and accelerate in a smooth motion, it shouldn't be a problem.

MassWineGuy

Be sure to keep the speed limit for the areas you pass through in mind. Try not to grind the gears too much, though it's very hard in many of the UPS trucks until you get used to them. Do the triangle mirror check (driver's mirror, front for a few seconds, passenger side mirror, then back the way you came.

If you're asked to park on a hill facing up, don't release the emergency brake until you feel the truck straining to go forward. If you roll back, you'll probably fail.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Be sure to keep the speed limit for the areas you pass through in mind. Try not to grind the gears too much, though it's very hard in many of the UPS trucks until you get used to them. Do the triangle mirror check (driver's mirror, front for a few seconds, passenger side mirror, then back the way you came.

If you're asked to park on a hill facing up, don't release the emergency brake until you feel the truck straining to go forward. If you roll back, you'll probably fail.
Did you get that summer driver job were going for?

MassWineGuy

Did you get that summer driver job were going for?

It doesn't look like it. the HR guy would only say that what I did during peak "didn't click." No further explanation. So I wrote to the center manager and after writing three times he said that we'll schedule a time to meet and discuss it. I'm not bent out of shape or anything. I just want to understand what the issue was because I got nothing but good feedback when I worked.