Question about Saturday air driver

DoctorMario

Sign up sheets are up and im wondering what I would be doing ? Also would I work my normal days ( im a part timer) and then work Saturday ? Would Saturday be considered all overtime?

Sent using BrownCafe App

BUCN85

I do air and are a pre loader as well. Saturday will not be OT. But you get anywhere from 2-4 hours. No guarantee. And during the week after preload you go get changed grab your air and your gone. Typically and hour or so. But sometimes they will throw some savers on you and you can get a little more time

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

PT Car Washer

I have been doing Saturday Air for 20+ years. You have a 3 hour guarantee. Saturday is straight time unless you have 40 hours in M-friend. Yes you would work your normal sort hours. Saturday is considered extra work and is awarded by seniority. 2 year progression to top rate. Current top rate is $25.44/hr. In my center most Saturday drivers go out with 15 to 25 stops. I would encourage you to sign up.

margaritaville

pt car wash, have you been getting called in for ground lately? I was getting called in from ground atleast once a week for the last year, sometimes everyday.. But i havent been called for ground work in 3 weeks. I find this especially wary since i havent been called yet and its 4th of july week.

DoctorMario

So I'll make my current pay rate M-friend but on Saturday I'll get paid a different pay rate correct ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

margaritaville

And to original poster. If you are an air driving you get called into ground help weekdays. Which is 500$ a day. Thats the major plus of air driving.

PT Car Washer

pt car wash, have you been getting called in for ground lately? I was getting called in from ground atleast once a week for the last year, sometimes everyday.. But i havent been called for ground work in 3 weeks. I find this especially wary since i havent been called yet and its 4th of july week.
Union put a big stop to air drivers doing ground work. Still happens but not an everyday thing like is was.

PT Car Washer

How many hours do u typically get ? I know said you're guaranteed 3 but do u get more ?

Sent using BrownCafe App
We start at 8:00 and air has to be off by noon so unless you are delivering to another town 4 hours is about it. Or if your building has pick ups in the afternoon then you could work 8 hours plus.

DoctorMario

We start at 8:00 and air has to be off by noon so unless you are delivering to another town 4 hours is about it. Or if your building has pick ups in the afternoon then you could work 8 hours plus.
Thank you for all you info. You shall be known as "the ups wizard" henceforth lol.

Sent using BrownCafe App