Question about signature at Delivery

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
There are some areas that say in your board no dr, you have no choice, Im sorry for the inconvienience also, but I still dont see why they couldnt have it rerouted? I have addys that are still no dr from a former tenant, and I cant get anyone to take it off, even tho its safe.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It seems her area is now a level 4 DR area because we had to pay a claim. No DR is possible unless it's a BASIC package.

You can't DR a package under any circumstances if the address is a Code 4, even if it is Basic. A "Code 4" No DR means UPS has paid a claim at that address. If it is a Basic, you only make one attempt and you put on the Infonotice that they have to come to UPS and pick it up. There is a way to beat the DIAD to DR a Code 4, but its not legit.

over9five

Staff member
"If it is a Basic, you only make one attempt and you put on the Infonotice that they have to come to UPS and pick it up."

I disagree with that, Scratch. If it's Basic or shipper release, we leave it. The customer is paying us to leave it first attempt. I don't believe we pay DR claims on these packages.
I believe that is WHY we can overide a "4" address.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This must be one of those regional things then, Over9five. We can't over ride a code 4, and cannot DR a Basic at that address, the DIAD will not allow it. The Center Manager says this too. It ticks me off because a lot of my Code 4 were for claims under fifty dollars, one was just ten dollars. I had an over zealous On Car at one time in charge of claims, and she put those in. It would be nice if the company had one policy to cover the country, but from what I read on this Board, thats not the case.:bored:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Miss J
Your addr has been "Code 4"'d...in other words RED FLAGGED! I wouldn't override and have to suffer the consequences later...just not worth it.