Question About UPS Physical

drewed

Shankman
For hazmat responder, no I didnt get tested so I assume they wont, they do a blow test to test lung capacity strength of lungs and a chest xray

ih8tbrn

Banned
For hazmat responder, no I didnt get tested so I assume they wont, they do a blow test to test lung capacity strength of lungs and a chest xray

LOL @ blow test.......I'll bet you passed that with flying colors, eh Drewed? I just hope you didn't dribble any on you shirt.

drewed

Shankman
I resisted...glad to see someone else could not.
Dewed ... you set yourself up. What can I say?
Well when you go the doc gives you a tube to stick in your mouth and says GO then you blow and blow until your lungs are empty then tells you to suck back in...then its done haha

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well when you go the doc gives you a tube to stick in your mouth and says GO then you blow and blow until your lungs are empty then tells you to suck back in...then its done haha

So when you see a hunter in those pants that unzip above the knee to make shorts, do you ask him,
"Hey, do those pants unzip?"

Did the doc have those on?

hubsnake6

Starting as a part-time Designated Responder a year ago, I have taken the physical and can verify that NO DRUG TEST IS ADMINISTERED. I can also verify that the concept of the physical itself is a bureaucratic joke. You will either pass the lung function test, or the company doc will call an ambulance to take you to an ER immediately, since he has determined that you are too sick for his conscience to bear compared to telling an HR manager that UPS is ****ed with having this guy. I myself am a smoker and took the lung function test 8 times without passing a single test before the doctor told me at the end he would pass me. I wear and use SCBA, although I am now on a personal boycott since UPS has not issued me the prescription corrective vision spectacle inserts for the facemask that they are required by law to provide. While I wait for management to get with the program, I will grow a beard and tell em someone else can process that ****.:happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Starting as a part-time Designated Responder a year ago, I have taken the physical and can verify that NO DRUG TEST IS ADMINISTERED. I can also verify that the concept of the physical itself is a bureaucratic joke. You will either pass the lung function test, or the company doc will call an ambulance to take you to an ER immediately, since he has determined that you are too sick for his conscience to bear compared to telling an HR manager that UPS is ****ed with having this guy. I myself am a smoker and took the lung function test 8 times without passing a single test before the doctor told me at the end he would pass me. I wear and use SCBA, although I am now on a personal boycott since UPS has not issued me the prescription corrective vision spectacle inserts for the facemask that they are required by law to provide. While I wait for management to get with the program, I will grow a beard and tell em someone else can process that ****.:happy-very:

Oh, so it's Lung Function test not a Blow test...that sounds better.

Sooooooooo much love on this forum. Were getting off topic here but some people enjoy having a few beers after work, some enjoy a joint. I don't want to get into a debate on the "devil herb" in here, I was just wondering if anyone could answer my question.
simple, no debate needed. A few beers after work are not illegal, having a joint is.

UPSNewbie

simple, no debate needed. A few beers after work are not illegal, having a joint is.

Agreed.

I personally don't give a rats ass about your pot argument. It's illegal and if found in a drug test, you'll have to start looking for another job. Luckily, everyone says that responders don't need drug tests. Keep token. I'll grow up eventually.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Agreed.

I personally don't give a rats ass about your pot argument. It's illegal and if found in a drug test, you'll have to start looking for another job. Luckily, everyone says that responders don't need drug tests. Keep token. I'll grow up eventually.
yeah,, its a shame you dont agree, because you guys are that important ----------------and your ideals mater ssoooo much ...anyway get drunk,, beat your wife,, neglect you family,, crash your car,, commit violent crimes,, lets ignore statistical facts on crime and alchohol consumption---------thats ok cause booze is ok'ed by the goverment , thank the booze $$$ for lobbyist that trick the simple minded on its negativity and its accepted state ------------let he without sin cast the first stone...........

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

yeah,, its a shame you dont agree, because you guys are that important ----------------and your ideals mater ssoooo much ...anyway get drunk,, beat your wife,, neglect you family,, crash your car,, commit violent crimes,, lets ignore statistical facts on crime and alchohol consumption---------thats ok cause booze is ok'ed by the goverment , thank the booze $$$ for lobbyist that trick the simple minded on its negativity and its accepted state ------------let he without sin cast the first stone...........

Shhhh---did you hear that---I just threw a rock through my kitchen window.

Geez, how much have you had to smoke tonight??

on second thought, maybe you need another toke.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz

emptyroom.jpg

fascinatingcat.jpg

o_rly_owl.jpg

City Driver

dont tell somebody to grow up when you are choosing drugs over advancing your career

you are a loser, what are you in high school?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
funny,,people ask a simple question and those here wanna dictate morality[EVIL][/EVIL]

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If the test you are taking is the standard yearly DOT physical that package drivers get, then it does not include a drug test. The urine sample is to test for protein in the urine which is an indicator of diabetes.

Feeder drivers have to pass a drug screen per federal law as a condition of holding a CDL.

I am a recovering alcoholic with 12 yrs clean and sober who has done alcohol, weed, coke, meth, mushrooms and acid during my crazy years. I'm not going to judge anyone else. I will say, from personal experience, that an occasional bong hit isnt any worse than an occasional beer. Abuse of any substance, legal or not, is destructive. And as far as the legal part goes, posession of less than one ounce of weed in Oregon is an infraction, the same as a parking or speeding ticket. It is not a criminal violation. I believe other states have similar laws.