Question about working 7 straight days

Greywolf2980

I worked 7 days straight on my shift and I only receive overtime on Saturday. Some of my co worker worked the same 7 days and they receive overtime on Saturday and double time on Sunday. I was wondering do we get pay double time if we hit 7 days straight. I'm in southern California.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I worked 7 days straight on my shift and I only receive overtime on Saturday. Some of my co worker worked the same 7 days and they receive overtime on Saturday and double time on Sunday. I was wondering do we get pay double time if we hit 7 days straight. I'm in southern California.
Are you new or have you made book?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Don't know about SoCal, but we do in the Central and the Southern.

Time and a half for the 6th day, double time for the 7th day.

I could be wrong, but I did not see that in the Western.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Don't know about SoCal, but we do in the Central and the Southern.

Time and a half for the 6th day, double time for the 7th day.

I could be wrong, but I did not see that in the Western.

Um.... it depends.

The work week, runs Sunday - Saturday. (for the purposes of the 6th and 7th day)

If your first punch is Monday, then Sunday isn't a 7th day.... it's a new week.

-Bug-

Inthegame

Um.... it depends.

The work week, runs Sunday - Saturday. (for the purposes of the 6th and 7th day)

If your first punch is Monday, then Sunday isn't a 7th day.... it's a new week.

-Bug-
Hmmm, CRT Art 12 Sec 9 says..."If an employee is required to work a sixth (6th) and seventh (7th) consecutive day at the Employers request, they shall be paid the appropriate premium regardless of the established work week.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hmmm, CRT Art 12 Sec 9 says..."If an employee is required to work a sixth (6th) and seventh (7th) consecutive day at the Employers request, they shall be paid the appropriate premium regardless of the established work week.

That's what I don't get.

The JAC has denied those grievances in the past.

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That's what I don't get.

The JAC has denied those grievances in the past.

-Bug-

I have never seen one denied. It has been this way in the Central since the 2002 contract I believe.

"Regardless of work week" is clear.

I have seen them try and deny it when a driver volunteered to work a 7th day, but was not required, or scheduled, to work, trying to use the "at the employers request" language.

They like to say that he was not forced, he volunteered.

I'm too lazy to look it up. How about showing me where the JAC denied double time for a 7th straight day in the Central?

LagunaBrown

Ask your manager to correct it to the double time rate. If he does not abide then file a grievance and be sure to include penalty pay. Its that simple.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have never seen one denied. It has been this way in the Central since the 2002 contract I believe.

"Regardless of work week" is clear.

I have seen them try and deny it when a driver volunteered to work a 7th day, but was not required, or scheduled, to work, trying to use the "at the employers request" language.

They like to say that he was not forced, he volunteered.

I'm too lazy to look it up. How about showing me where the JAC denied double time for a 7th straight day in the Central?

Your right.

The case I was thinking of was a State Panel decision.

It was a hub issue, and volunteering for Saturday and Sunday sorts.

Can't remember all the details right now. It was about 10+ years ago.

I'm getting confused in my old age. :-)

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Your right.

The case I was thinking of was a State Panel decision.

It was a hub issue, and volunteering for Saturday and Sunday sorts.

Can't remember all the details right now. It was about 10+ years ago.

I'm getting confused in my old age. :-)

-Bug-

The memory is the second thing to go as we age.

I've slipped up a time or two in the recollection department.

Merry Christmas!