Question about working at 2 Fedex Locations

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Non-DOT vs DOT.

Based on vehicle weight.

That doesn't sound right, D...

Ive driven both classes of package cars, under 10k & the p700 ford utilimaster stepvan, which is 14,500 lbs... and the bigger boxtrucks ~ the fuso or gmc cabover 18~24'~ yet I'm capped at 70 hours a week.

And u brownies are capped at 60 HOS

It will be fine

That doesn't sound right, D...

Ive driven both classes of package cars, under 10k & the p700 ford utilimaster stepvan, which is 14,500 lbs... and the bigger boxtrucks ~ the fuso or gmc cabover 18~24'~ yet I'm capped at 70 hours a week.

And u brownies are capped at 60 HOS
The DOT doesn't cap them at 60, the teamsters and $50/hr OT does.

OrioN

Jack, i know we can work up to 7 days, as long as we don't go over 70.... Mr. it probably answered it though of why our HOS are 10 hours more than the brownies....

STFXG

UPS uses the 60 hours in 7 days schedule. We use the 70 hours in 8 days schedule. Your hours reset with the 34 hours off duty.

STFXG

Non DOT drivers can drive as many hours as they want. Ground doesn't cap us at 70 if you drive a vehicle under 10k lbs. but we still have to stay under 14 hours in a day (contract rule, not a DOT rule). The HOS rules are only for vehicles over 10k except the 14 hour rule in our contract.

OrioN

meh, kinda contradicting if you can drive as as many hours as they want, except it has to be 14 hours in a day.

for example, if i wanna start late, like noon, i can work until 2AM ?

STFXG

meh, kinda contradicting if you can drive as as many hours as they want, except it has to be 14 hours in a day.

for example, if i wanna start late, like noon, i can work until 2AM ?
Yes. As long as you take 10 hours off duty before you drive again. If it's a Ground route you have to be back before the last trailer leaves.

OrioN

Gosh ghee whizz, still dunno how that 8 day workweek works... since they're only 7 days in a week. maybe that's why im still with HD... cause my rithmetic sucks and dunno if having salary rate is better than express' 35~40 hours a week rate.

STFXG

Every time you have a 34 hour restart then the week starts over and resets your hours. It really just gives us an extra 10 hours on the road since we don't run Sunday and that day off will reset our hours. Helps give linehaul the ability to run 8 days straight if they need to.

dex 84

Gosh ghee whizz, still dunno how that 8 day workweek works... since they're only 7 days in a week. maybe that's why im still with HD... cause my rithmetic sucks and dunno if having salary rate is better than express' 35~40 hours a week rate.

It's a rolling 8 day period. So each day consider how much you're working that day and the 7 preceding days. Unless of course you got a 34 hour reset. For the reset to count it has to include two mornings. I'm not sure exactly what the window is that it needs to include but i know you can't take your reset from say 1:00 pm Saturday to 3:00 am Monday morning. It's over 34 hours but doesn't count because of the time of day.

Yeah I'm still only at Fedex Express PT at one location. But since they are cutting guaranteed pay in January not sure how much longer I will be there.