QUESTION FOR ANY UPSers THAT KNOW EVERYTHING

UnconTROLLed

perfection
...Here we can clearly see this driver from the 804. Watch as he fails to stop for the customer with an ARS!...
738475main_8601843216_1dc787a335_o-full_full.jpg
no, those were two masked gunmen! ;D

Krys88

Cosmo1 is correct, I'm the wife of a driver..I don't work for UPS. I am also not dumb, so I will explain why I asked this so that those of you laughing at me for posting this don't think that I actually think UPS does have this sort of ability.

I posted this because I'm tired of arguing with my husband about UPS having the ability to basically use satellites to watch any moment in time, at any place--he says someone told him that a couple years ago. Any time he brings up this nonsense I tell him then why would the FBI or other law enforcement not be using this technology..to catch criminals/murderers/etc. He hasn't done anything wrong at work he is hoping to not get caught for doing...I just wanted to see if any of you all had ever heard this. I def understand and believe they would use any kind of available footage from nearby surveillance cameras..that makes sense and it's a technology used by many agencies, including the police. So I guess I will go rub it in his face now that I am right again!

oldngray

nowhere special
Cosmo1 is correct, I'm the wife of a driver..I don't work for UPS. I am also not dumb, so I will explain why I asked this so that those of you laughing at me for posting this don't think that I actually think UPS does have this sort of ability.

I posted this because I'm tired of arguing with my husband about UPS having the ability to basically use satellites to watch any moment in time, at any place--he says someone told him that a couple years ago. Any time he brings up this nonsense I tell him then why would the FBI or other law enforcement not be using this technology..to catch criminals/murderers/etc. He hasn't done anything wrong at work he is hoping to not get caught for doing...I just wanted to see if any of you all had ever heard this. I def understand and believe they would use any kind of available footage from nearby surveillance cameras..that makes sense and it's a technology used by many agencies, including the police. So I guess I will go rub it in his face now that I am right again!

UPS will absolutely spy on employees and will do things like make on area observations and track their every move with GPS data. Satellites are in tinfoil hat area though.

T

Turdferguson

They don't have satellites to watch ,but can pin point where you are within like 18 feet through your board.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We don't have live pictures of him. We have little package car icons on the screen at the building. But the data we use is all based off the GPS readings and transmitted to us.

That's all going to change when the NSA and DOD launch our new UPS-WWU1 (We are watching you 1) satellite on the X-37 in October. We are putting 100,000 infrared cameras on it and drivers will be required to wear tags so we can watch you all at all times.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Not real time, but when the data is uploaded and combined with telematics they have a pretty accurate picture of where you have been , when you were there, how fast you were going , and what you were doing.
Actually not really. ODS-E is a garbage program. We can see what stops you've done, when you completed the stop, and what you have left. But we have no idea how fast you were driving or anything like that. It often doesn't even show breaks and there are times where you will have a 45 minute lag between some updates. It's not uncommon to have ODSE say someone has 6 stops left and he is already punched out. To get all of that other info we have to go through a bunch of stuff, and for the most part it isn't worth it unless we are doing a virtual OJS.

T

Turdferguson

Actually not really. ODS-E is a garbage program. We can see what stops you've done, when you completed the stop, and what you have left. But we have no idea how fast you were driving or anything like that. It often doesn't even show breaks and there are times where you will have a 45 minute lag between some updates. It's not uncommon to have ODSE say someone has 6 stops left and he is already punched out. To get all of that other info we have to go through a bunch of stuff, and for the most part it isn't worth it unless we are doing a virtual OJS.
Combined with telematics they can

T

Turdferguson

yeah but that isn't real time tracking. It will be in detail on the report the next day

Yes telematics helps get all that info. But we don't get that in real time.
I agreed not real time , but they have more than enough data to get a pretty accurate picture of what each driver is doing. So that when out on area you should act like they have a dedicated satellite on you.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A lot of paranoia in this thread.

Do people on TV watch him and talk to him, too? :O

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Electric Eye- Judas Priest got it on the head.

You think you've private lives
Think nothing of the kind
There is no true escape
I'm watching all the time

Last edited: