Question for drivers across the country

bigdaddybrown

Understand what you are saying. In the last year, they increased my miles from 120 to 150. Stop count went up 20 stops to 140, when 118 is an 8 hour day. Also picked up 6 new accounts for a total of 20 and they still expect me to be in 9.5 under the old 118 stops. Impossible to do. There is no lunch, always being told to press on. ...And they say Safety is first!

srvhero

"leastbest"
This 9.5 curfew stuff is just a way of intimidating drivers to work off the clock to make a silly curfew. It is amazing to me the number of drivers that "work for free" in order to make that curfew. UPS has been sued for this before out west, (forcing drivers to skip lunches) looks like the next suit will be coming to a town near you....

UPSBluRdg03

ETA with stop count due by 1500 here as well. I pretty much always message that I will be over 9.5 and 30 minutes later than estimate regardless if I actually will or not. Alot can happen after 3 o clock with pickups and such.

nicky

We have one driver that sends a 9.5 message EVERYDAY, reguardless of whether he will make it or not. If they want a message, he has decided to give them a message.

iruhnman630

Over the past few weeks, I have seen the whole 9.5 issue devolve into one more thing to feel pressured about.

I did sign onto the grievance to get on the 9.5 list, but since then I have not filed a single greivance over it, and I won't unless it becomes a real problem. And yet after some arguments with the on-car sups and some friendlier conversations with our center manager I now feel like I may be facing disciplinary action if I don't make it in under 9.5, even when helping other drivers or doing routes with late pickups.

So starting last week, if I feel it will be close I'm sending in the message saying I won't make it under 9.5, and let them deal with it.

nicky

Over the past few weeks, I have seen the whole 9.5 issue devolve into one more thing to feel pressured about.

I did sign onto the grievance to get on the 9.5 list, but since then I have not filed a single greivance over it, and I won't unless it becomes a real problem. And yet after some arguments with the on-car sups and some friendlier conversations with our center manager I now feel like I may be facing disciplinary action if I don't make it in under 9.5, even when helping other drivers or doing routes with late pickups.

So starting last week, if I feel it will be close I'm sending in the message saying I won't make it under 9.5, and let them deal with it.

Thats what we do, I wait till 2:59 and send it if there is the slightest chance I wont make it

packageguy

I tell my guys to work as directed, send message by 3. put the ball in there court. if you can't make 9.5.
if they ask why tell them the stupid split they gave you , or 50 extra stops they gave you for making stops per car.