Question for friend/T package car drivers??

wow thanks for all the input guys....emm as far as the resi area its a pretty simple area to learn and i kinda know some of it already so....and for the guy who asked what truck each route has i believe they told me the mall one is a 12 cube and the resi is a 10 cube, both auto. As of now im kinda leaning more towards the res route myself

thanks again everyone!!

one more thing they gave me a print out of the stops and pickups for the resi route from april 2nd and it had 126 stops and 23 pickups

brownrodster

bernie lomax;323294and for the guy who asked what truck each route has i believe they told me the mall one is a 12 cube and the resi is a 10 cube said:
I would always choose in favor of avoiding a route with a p12 :) And if you already know part of the res route then you are ahead of the game.
Good luck.

WyoBrown

I would always choose in favor of avoiding a route with a p12 :) And if you already know part of the res route then you are ahead of the game.
Good luck.
Because of the sheer volume the p12 can hold? Ditto! All in all, a resi route is much less stressful not to mention, physical. Also, keep in mind NDAs that have to be dealt with first thing. Commercial routes usually handle their own NDA (at our ctr) and the air drivers for the most part deliver all the resi air. Soooo...a predominantly resi route usually gets a break with the scramble to get air off every morning.

Mike Hawk

When I driver help I always go for the resi route out of a low step p7. Comm. routes have much more stress and BS, like people that are on the phone and wont sign, people that have to finish their tps report before they sign etc. the Kohls in my town makes us walk through the whole store to the back, there is a door back there but they aren’t "authorized" to use it for delivery. Such a pain in the ass to drag promotional signs thru the store isles on a handcart with 2 inches of clearance to the china display on my right and the cloths rack on my left, not to mention going around shoppers etc. To top it off we had to take the stuff thru 3 offices to get to the back room. my driver usually dropped me off there and did 2 stops. Resi can have their share of bad stops too, there is a trailer park in the next town over that you cant dr anything at, not even basic, there are a set of double speed bumps every 30 feet and nobody is ever home.
You will need experience doing resi and comm as a cover driver so try both routes.

brown bomber

brown bomber
air drivers deliver all or most of residential air ???? I'd like to have that available to me...I cover over 50 square miles on my "air delivery area"....along w/ later start times..and unfinished loads
I usually get my 1st air off after 9:30....it's just a matter of time until service failures occur

helenofcalifornia

I think the only advantage to taking the mall route would be that you would be prepared for other "tough" routes and used to the hard work. I would grab that resi route that only had 126 stops on it!!! You can't possibly fail on that. But remember, that is not really what most routes are like at UPS. Go resi!!! And good luck. Report back on Monday, if you are not too beat up and dead tired and sore (Remember to take ibuprofen with you for the pain), and tell us how it went. Follow all the methods religiously!

rod

Retired 22 years
Just remember that what ever route you choose-no matter how great a route it starts out as-some way-some how- UPS will find a way to mess it up:happy2:

once again thanks for all the advice guys, im gonna call my manager today and let him know im gonna go for the resi route and ill report back here and let you guys know how it went

well just alittle update...today i was suppose to start but something happen with the routes or something. Also i guess they are putting me on the strip mall route so we'll see how that goes