question for fedex employees

hello, for all intents and purposes i would like to remain anonymous. with that being said im a UPS employee residing in the state of washington and want to move to california. my family lives there and would like to be closer but cannot transfer through UPS. i am a part time supervisor and have been with the company for a year. my question is what would the equivalent position in fedex be to a part time supervisor, in hopes that i can work a similar job using my experience just a different company.

hypo hanna

I've never heard of a part time supervisor position at FedEx. FT only. (May be different in Cali). If its anything like my area, you won't be seeing much of your family as a FedEx mgr. good luck with your move.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm in CA and, again, I've never heard of a PT Ops. mgr. (ops mgr. would prob. be the equivalent of sup.)
Ops. mgr. is one step up from a diver. Like others say, the hrs. suck considering you're salary.

Whatever other job you do to make a living, stick with that.

ManInBrown

It is the absolute worst company towork for. Leaving ups for fedex. I gotta chuckle out of that. I'm walking away from fedex in the next 3 months and leaving my ten plus years seniority and 4 weeks vacation and medical benefits for a seasonal driver position at ups. FedEx is garbage. If I can't stick somehow at ups and get a permanent driving gig I'm screwed. Thing is I am screwed ten times harder if I stay at fredex. Fedex today is The epitome of a dead end job. Deliver pizzas. You'll be better off

!Retired!

I've never heard of a part time supervisor position at FedEx. FT only. (May be different in Cali). If its anything like my area, you won't be seeing much of your family as a FedEx mgr. good luck with your move.
Never heard of a PT manager at FedEx either. But, unlike hanna's managers, ours leave in plenty of time to get the kids from school.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yea but don't forget they can always downgrade to a courier after a year I think and automatically be topped out. Just another fu cked up policy.

I can confirm this.
Seen it happen.
And, the dude had only been with X for like 3 yrs. before he went mgr.

overflowed

I think he is speaking hypothetically.
I overheard a topped out courier tell another a while back to not eat the cake. He said they put stuff in it, and it will end you, so they don't have to pay us retirement. I was rolling, but he actually said it somewhat seriously. That scared me.