question for fedex employees

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by dhicks0107, Mar 27, 2013.

1. dhicks0107

dhicks0107 New Member

hello, for all intents and purposes i would like to remain anonymous. with that being said im a UPS employee residing in the state of washington and want to move to california. my family lives there and would like to be closer but cannot transfer through UPS. i am a part time supervisor and have been with the company for a year. my question is what would the equivalent position in fedex be to a part time supervisor, in hopes that i can work a similar job using my experience just a different company.

2. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

I've never heard of a part time supervisor position at FedEx. FT only. (May be different in Cali). If its anything like my area, you won't be seeing much of your family as a FedEx mgr. good luck with your move.

3. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Probably Operations Manager. No such thing at FedEx as as part-time Ops Manager though.

4. dhicks0107

dhicks0107 New Member

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback

5. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

I'm in CA and, again, I've never heard of a PT Ops. mgr. (ops mgr. would prob. be the equivalent of sup.)
    Ops. mgr. is one step up from a diver. Like others say, the hrs. suck considering you're salary.

Whatever other job you do to make a living, stick with that.

6. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

It is the absolute worst company towork for. Leaving ups for fedex. I gotta chuckle out of that. I'm walking away from fedex in the next 3 months and leaving my ten plus years seniority and 4 weeks vacation and medical benefits for a seasonal driver position at ups. FedEx is garbage. If I can't stick somehow at ups and get a permanent driving gig I'm screwed. Thing is I am screwed ten times harder if I stay at fredex. Fedex today is The epitome of a dead end job. Deliver pizzas. You'll be better off

7. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

Never heard of a PT manager at FedEx either. But, unlike hanna's managers, ours leave in plenty of time to get the kids from school.

8. Robin us blind

Robin us blind New Member

Actually you sound like you are more qualified than most of the managers at FedEx.

9. jmeti000

jmeti000 Member

Ground and freight have pt ops managers, express does not.

10. dhicks0107

dhicks0107 New Member

this has all been valuable info guys (and girls) i greatly appreciate the feedback. you all have a great day, and good luck with your jobs!

11. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

I must warn you though, for the first year or two, an Ops manager makes less than a topped out courier.

12. Broke

Broke Member

At least he'd have something to look forward to. Remember, "why you wanna top out"

13. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Yea but don't forget they can always downgrade to a courier after a year I think and automatically be topped out. Just another fu cked up policy.

14. FedExcrement

FedExcrement New Member

Is that how you get topped out at this crappy company???

15. MAKAVELI

Yeah that's the only way at this time.

16. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Yep. I've known several managers who stuck it out for a year just so they could get topped-out.

17. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

I can confirm this.
    Seen it happen.
    And, the dude had only been with X for like 3 yrs. before he went mgr.

18. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

What topped out couriers. I always thought this was a myth.

19. MAKAVELI

I think he is speaking hypothetically.

20. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

I overheard a topped out courier tell another a while back to not eat the cake. He said they put stuff in it, and it will end you, so they don't have to pay us retirement. I was rolling, but he actually said it somewhat seriously. That scared me.