question for Ground drivers about early morning ground deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownBrokeDown

Ok, so i'm coming here because of the generic answers we always get from UPS. Also, i understand any answer is off the record, just needing a little info so we can figure which way we need to head. This info is for my primary job, not my pt at UPS.

My company every year has multiple mass shipments for another company. Every year (this year has been the worst though) we have multiple exceptions where it states business is closed. The shipments are ground, and the times where the exception is entered is 4:30 am to 6:00 am. For example one specific one im looking into is Pottsville, PA, 5:16am, business is closed. seeing a few from TN and NC also as well as others. Is this the hub pulling stuff to cover their butts for something or is there actually ground drivers out that early in places? Thanks.

UPSER110

We dont start until 845 at our center. Your best bet would be to call the 1 800 number with tracking numbers and see what is going on.

tadpole

I'm guessing it's "known closed".
Some businesses are closed every Friday. Some, every Monday, etc.
Rather than load those packages on a package car, they get scanned as closed and left to deliver the next day. This practice is helpful to the drivers because it is hard to work around a ton of packages all day that you couldn't deliver.

No, there are no driver's delivering ground that early.

BrownBrokeDown

It should say known closed on it if you pull up the tracking. If it is done by a DIAD it will say Closed 1.
exact wording of one example on ups.com below:

-saint clair, pa 04/04/2016 5:16am The receiving business was closed./Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day

-saint clair, pa 04/04/2016 1:49am Arrival scan.

-Harrisburg, pa 04/04/2016 12:24am Departure scan

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
exact wording of one example on ups.com below:

-saint clair, pa 04/04/2016 5:16am The receiving business was closed./Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day

-saint clair, pa 04/04/2016 1:49am Arrival scan.

-Harrisburg, pa 04/04/2016 12:24am Departure scan
For sure known closed

Brown Down

I agree. Sounds like a known closed situation. As they get scanned in it automatically sheets them as closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.