Question for satellite drivers, ONLY

old levi's

blank space
When you have a problem with your pkg. car, does it get fixed in a timely matter (24 hrs.) ? In my case, if the engine locks down or the transmission falls out onto the highway only then will they make arrangements to bring the car into the center for repair. :angry:

over9five

Staff member
What do you guys do with your DVIR each day?
How often is your car PMI'd?
Does UPS give you a case of oil every week so you can fill it yourself? Windshield wash? Credit card for gas, I guess?

We need a SATELLITEDRIVER to respond! Is there a SATELLITEDRIVER in the house?

old levi's

blank space
What do you guys do with your DVIR each day?

Go by the center every evening late and drop it off.

How often is your car PMI'd?

Can't answer that.

Does UPS give you a case of oil every week so you can fill it yourself?

No

Windshield wash?

You're joking, right.

Credit card for gas, I guess?

Correct.

We need a SATELLITEDRIVER to respond! Is there a SATELLITEDRIVER in the house?

rod

Retired 22 years
Our satellite driver always kept his package car at a service station and they did all the regular maintenence. Maybe every other month they would bring his vehical back to the center so our mechanic could screw it up:happy2:

bigorange

My DVIR is turned in by the driver who pulls the pup.If I have an issue my sup is informed and they send a rollback to pick it up.If it is something major the rollback driver will bring a replacement until mine is ready. PMI is done on a schedule the same as all package cars and also picked up and returned while I sleep. I've been on my sat route for over 3 years and it works great for me.

over9five

Staff member
Welcome to BrownCafe, Bigorange! Good first post, we hope you'll keep posting!

Where do you park the PC each night?

bigorange

There is 2 of us there and sup says that they pay 150 or so per month and we park in front of the motel office so trucks have never been messed with.

Deion68

deion68
In the satellite I use to work at. Ups bought the lot and fenced it in. Two sliding gates on both sides. If there was a problem the a local gas station took care of it. If there was a minor problem the trucks were swiched out by the Saturday air driver. The DVIR was sent back each night with the pickups, in the TP60..

satellitedriver

My DVIR is turned in by the driver who pulls the pup.If I have an issue my sup is informed and they send a rollback to pick it up.If it is something major the rollback driver will bring a replacement until mine is ready. PMI is done on a schedule the same as all package cars and also picked up and returned while I sleep. I've been on my sat route for over 3 years and it works great for me.
That sums it up. I park at a tire store.
3 bucks a day for the parking space.
12 years as a satellite.
Welcome, fellow satellitedriver.

McLeod

What I like is just going to work and doing my job then go home. Our package car is left at a tire shop. Everything you need ..or may need is sent with the shuttle driver.

We have three Sat centers out or main center, the routine is pretty much as Bigorange described.

Dino, I suspect that your problems in getting things taken care of are due to the lack of co-operation from your mechanics. Have you discussed this with your center manager?

McLeod

When you have a problem with your pkg. car, does it get fixed in a timely matter (24 hrs.) ? In my case, if the engine locks down or the transmission falls out onto the highway only then will they make arrangements to bring the car into the center for repair. :angry:
You are paid by the hour, do your part by writing up the car in your DVIR and that is all you can do.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
At the sattelite that is run from out of our center, there is a spare p-500 that lives there, mostly unused, in case one of the primary vehicles suffers a breakdown. The center mechanics will sometimes dispatch a tow truck out to retrieve a vehicle if needed, although normally the driver will bring the vehicle back to the home center himself after his shift and drive a replacement back out to the satellite, all on the clock.