Question for the runner , gunners.

BrownChoice

I can understand being quick and smooth with a steady pace. What you dont want is to have fast periods then slow periods in between. Be consistent. If you do this and you bonus, Great! If not, it may just be the route.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
They do this because they're kittie whipped at home and know their wives are cheating on them with men who have cash on hand, because they work more than 7 hours a day. Otherwise they'd be out working and making the duckets for the wife and kids and building a fat 401k.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
They do this because they're kittie whipped at home and know their wives are cheating on them with men who have cash on hand because they work more than 7 hours a day. Otherwise they'd be out working and making the suckers for the wife and kids and building a fat 401k.
Nailed it. Lol.

kingOFchester

I could care less if I look worse then

In my center bonus is paid at time and a half. So looking at it like that one would think that the two drivers running the exact same trip would make the exact same amount for the day.

But if you dig deeper you will see the methods driver will make more money. He will most likely not be able to get all grounds off with airs resulting in more stops. Having to back track with the grounds will add miles. Going back to get grounds off will add more time.

The runner will plan their day so that they are at their pickups 15 minutes (or earlier) where the methods guy may have to break off to get to the pickup and then have to return to the deliveries after pickups.

The bonus driver will never get paid more then the planned day. The methods driver will usually be well over the UPS planned day. Even if the methods driver ran scratch or even a little bonus, he will still make more then the bonus driver do to his planned day being higher because of the added miles and added stops by not getting grounds off with airs and all the other things runners do to get done early.

Same trip, same stops, same pieces the methods guy will be paid more then the bonus driver.

Last edited:

Future

Victory Ride
I can understand being quick and smooth with a steady pace. What you dont want is to have fast periods then slow periods in between. Be consistent. If you do this and you bonus, Great! If not, it may just be the route.
I have no choice anymore.....I have been stuck in the slow period the last few years......4th gear left me a while ago

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You guys are as bad as management, all obsessed with what other drivers do all day. Just do your job and quit worrying about it, you'll be fine.

Future

Victory Ride
You guys are as bad as management, all obsessed with what other drivers do all day. Just do your job and quit worrying about it, you'll be fine.
"Those Other Drivers" by burning it up everyday and skipping lunch,are taking away Teamster jobs......thus no additions to pension ........hence to forth it is something to be concerned with......in conclusion we should pull a Tanya Harding on them and break there legs.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"Those Other Drivers" by burning it up everyday and skipping lunch,are taking away Teamster jobs......thus no additions to pension ........hence to forth it is something to be concerned with......in conclusion we should pull a Tanya Harding on them and break there legs.
That's just a fantasy. Jobs are added based on volume, not some random driver's individual performance numbers. If you really want more teamster jobs go rustle up some business, or spend some of your free time working to get Fedex organized.

oldngray

nowhere special
Number of drivers is determined by corporate by the arbitrary stops per car metric (which assumes all stops are equal). Even if a center manager needs more drivers he won't be allowed to hire them if it violates the official predetermined stops per car. If the drivers are not churning the expected numbers( rofl) then service goes down but routes won't be added.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I have no choice anymore.....I have been stuck in the slow period the last few years......4th gear left me a while ago

Sounds like you're about to get red tagged !!! :congratualtions:
74ff35ff93d74e799b0a134006bc5d47.jpg

By The Book

Number of drivers is determined by corporate by the arbitrary stops per car metric (which assumes all stops are equal). Even if a center manager needs more drivers he won't be allowed to hire them if it violates the official predetermined stops per car. If the drivers are not churning the expected numbers( rofl) then service goes down but routes won't be added.
Sounded good until you said service goes down. I think service level goes up, and sporh goes down. Remember, safety, service, production in that order.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Sounds like you're about to get red tagged !!! :congratualtions:
74ff35ff93d74e799b0a134006bc5d47.jpg

[derail] We were once told in a PCM to pre-trip our bodies every morning before we went out on the street.

Being the smart-ass that I am, I raised my hand and told the supe I was red-tagging myself.

Did not go over well!;) [derail/]

Future

Victory Ride
[derail] We were once told in a PCM to pre-trip our bodies every morning before we went out on the street.

Being the smart-ass that I am, I raised my hand and told the supe I was red-tagging myself.

Did not go over well!;) [derail/]
Should have followed up the next day with"parts on order" and show up 2 months later