Question for the runner , gunners.

By The Book

That's just a fantasy. Jobs are added based on volume, not some random driver's individual performance numbers. If you really want more teamster jobs go rustle up some business, or spend some of your free time working to get Fedex organized.
By running the routes into the ground, I can't tell you how many of my customers tell me how pissed off they are. If its not early p/up times, or speeding, or sheeting pkgs no such everything., that takes away volume! Have you ever been happy with a fast waiter/waitress who keeps forgetting things or screws up your order? When the last guy that made seniority is a runner, and does off the clock work, etc., and he is on layoff, that's when it affects jobs! Look at your centers report and tell me how random it is to bonus, say over an hour. There may be a lot more than you think.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Should have followed up the next day with"parts on order" and show up 2 months later
Sounds like what happened to me.
Attune_CR_FB_clip.png

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
:bpotd:
By running the routes into the ground, I can't tell you how many of my customers tell me how pissed off they are. If its not early p/up times, or speeding, or sheeting pkgs no such everything., that takes away volume! Have you ever been happy with a fast waiter/waitress who keeps forgetting things or screws up your order? When the last guy that made seniority is a runner, and does off the clock work, etc., and he is on layoff, that's when it affects jobs! Look at your centers report and tell me how random it is to bonus, say over an hour. There may be a lot more than you think.
:bdayiggy:Exactly:bpotd:

didyousheetit

Are the R-G's: scared, stupid, or both?
I don't think they are stupid. I go out with 160 stops run half hour over get paid 10 hours. Runner next to me gets 200 stops runs it in 10 gets paid for 13. The only thing that bothers me is when he gets 220 stops and they think I'm supposed to pick up the extra work. He wants it, give it to him

Sent using BrownCafe App

nystripe96

I punched out 6:15 on thurs. Was told I was 1.4 hours over. 5:20 Fri, 8 mins over. SPORH is nonsensical and pointless. I just do the job until it's done. Go home after a safe day. All I worry about anymore

Sent using BrownCafe App

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Over half of the drivers in my 120 car center run bonus. At least 40 of them run over an hour under on a daily basis. There are a few that consistantly run 10-15 bonus a week.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Over half of the drivers in my 120 car center run bonus. At least 40 of them run over an hour under on a daily basis. There are a few that consistantly run 10-15 bonus a week.

I can't understand why the company hasn't "fixed" their numbers so the bonus is eliminated? We don't have bonus here, and our numbers they invent are insane. You will never run scratch on most routes, so anyone with half a brain doesn't even worry about it. I average 50 over daily.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have noticed their are two types of runners. The good ones are always helping their fellow drivers, running their own misloads, and do their own work. The bad ones will screw you in a heart beat to get in five minutes faster. I have both types in my loop. The good one will chase me down and take 10-15 stops because he is bored and needs to kill time before pickups. He gets in about 6:00 everyday but not at the expense of his loop mates. The bad runner will drive past a misload to leave at a business for the other driver. You always have to watch your back with this piece of work. The other day I heard him complain that they gave him 12 hours of work but he ran an hour early. I had to leave or I would have laughed in his face.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our mall driver, who is now in feeders, was your Type B.

I consider myself your Type A. If I get done early and have time before pickups I will always offer to help.

Resident know-it-all.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have noticed their are two types of runners. The good ones are always helping their fellow drivers, running their own misloads, and do their own work. The bad ones will screw you in a heart beat to get in five minutes faster. I have both types in my loop. The good one will chase me down and take 10-15 stops because he is bored and needs to kill time before pickups. He gets in about 6:00 everyday but not at the expense of his loop mates. The bad runner will drive past a misload to leave at a business for the other driver. You always have to watch your back with this piece of work. The other day I heard him complain that they gave him 12 hours of work but he ran an hour early. I had to leave or I would have laughed in his face.
BINGO. A guy who runs every stop and puts pkgs in mailboxes was on a route next to me and he drove right past a misload he had for me and left it at a 5 pm pick up I had that was like a mile past delivery. He also is known for sheeting like 6 stops in a section as ni1. Even though they are shipper release ground stops. He also has serious other infractions that involved lawEnforcement on the route. Management looks the other way because he runs ( literally ) the route 2 hours better than most.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

To answer the question of why some run/gun:

To some, there are more important things than the $12000 left on the table by skipping their lunch (if they don't get it back in bonus). I know a guy who is home every night by 6:30, no matter what they put on his truck. He used to make super bonus, but since the adjustments not as much. He complains about it, even mutters they are going to drive him to take his lunch, but so far being home with his two young kids means more. (Incidentally, he's a type A).

As for taking away teamster jobs: one, what wasn't there to begin with cannot be taken away. Two, UPS is expanding like crazy, runners' antics notwithstanding.

By The Book

I can't understand why the company hasn't "fixed" their numbers so the bonus is eliminated? We don't have bonus here, and our numbers they invent are insane. You will never run scratch on most routes, so anyone with half a brain doesn't even worry about it. I average 50 over daily.
So does your center reports only show people as late?

By The Book

Thanks for keeping it real! Are there a lot of guys on the 9.5 list? Do you feel if there were the work over 9.5 would create new jobs?, or are the dispatches light enough they would stay on the routes they're on.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Just do your job, don't worry about everyone else. Everybody is to worried what everyone else's numbers are.
Why should you care if we know what other peoples " numbers" are if said other people are doing super shady things to have super inflated " numbers" we have as much a right to see the goofy ass numbers as anyone.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Most of the gunners in my center are young or have young families they want to get home to. Oddly enough after a few ankle rolls or a back strain, they see that maybe seeing your kids for an hour or so healthy and with more money in the pocket is better than seeing them for a few hours but hurt and less money in the pocket.