Question for veteran drivers..

ChrisTheBrown

So how is that any different from a package car?
Well, I normally never had issues finding packages in a PC..In the rental, packages from all different sections have been loaded together, none of the PAL labels are visible..Not too surprised, knowing that most of our preloaders now are seasonal & still in the process of getting up to speed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not for me, jumpman..No jumper for this 1st peak rookie driver. I prefer to do it myself anyways, it's easy. Just sucks that there aren't any shelves, packages are always all out of place.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Do yourself a favor, get a jumper to work out of a rental, will be a lot easier on you. Hard enough to stop truck lift back of door and search and keep organizing stuff in the back. Hopefully your being smart and keeping some stops up in the cab to at least make it a little bit easier on yourself.

Cementups

Box Monkey
SUP: You've driven a rental, right?

ME: What's a rental?

SUP: You know, the 'Budget' trucks...

ME: Um, all these trucks are kind of budget trucks... I mean, right?

SUP: No, the 'BUDGET' trucks, the rentals...

ME: What's a rental?

SUP: ***

ME: ???

SUP: Can you drive a rental or not?

ME: You're going to need to be more specific.

SUP: About what?

ME: About, what is a 'rental'?

SUP: THE BUDGET TRUCKS!!#$?.........(sups' head explodes)

Long story short, I PRE-TRIP the hell out of those BUDGET trucks...

Who's on first?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We've all been there. Usually new guys get the rentals cause they don't have bid routes. Work safe and like said before, enjoy the radios.

ChrisTheBrown

I try to keep a few stops or so in the cab with me, when I can. It is a royal pain getting out, going around & opening that back door at every stop. Gotta pay my dues though.

Sent using BrownCafe App

brown bomber

brown bomber
Many yrs. ago I had a rental with a helper,..the rental didn't even have a seat for the helper,..the helper sat on a box on the passenger side, they tried to load me up with about 300 stops, I brought back 150. The truck no shelves and about a dozen unsorted tote boxes filled w/ smalls, along with the other 200+ stops tossed in the truck,..the good old days

ChrisTheBrown

I never put packages in the cab, in a PC. No need to. Door pops right open behind me. Off to start another exciting U Haul delivery day. Have a safe one out there, my friends.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
When I drove those rentals UPS would pull the fuse to prevent drivers from using the radio. Interestingly enough some of other fuses (such as for flashers) used the same size fuses. You have to have your priorities.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When I drove those rentals UPS would pull the fuse to prevent drivers from using the radio. Interestingly enough some of other fuses (such as for flashers) used the same size fuses. You have to have your priorities.
So drivers can bring radios for their PC's but management wouldn't let them listen to the one in the rental? :rolleyes2: