Question for you guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't know if this is the right forum or not but I think somebody here would know this:

I placed an order yesterday that was due for delivery today.. tracked my product and it said it was out for delivery this morning today! Great!

Then the status changed to "A CORRECT STREET NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION"

Now i've read a few other rants and every one of them resulted in the person calling UPS because apparently they have no intention of "Attempting to obtain this information" in a timely manner.

Also I've had UPS deliver before any reason they all the sudden can't do it now? What happened to my package? Where is it now?

Do I have to call UPS now or will they "attempt" at all to contact me in a timely manner?

drewed

Shankman
It could be anything if your in an apt it has no number the number doesnt exist etc, its all up to the shipper to correctly enter the info in if they dont we cant get the package to you.....

id try to get the number to your local center, call them tomorrow AM (say 730ish) talk to the sat driver dispatch sup and see if he can get the package sent out tomorrow

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This sounds like the shipper put the incorrect address on the label, which causes a short delay. We have to have the correct, complete street address to make the quickest delivery. If I have a package on my truck with a bad address, I will look in a phone book I carry or call the person it is addressed to if there is a phone number on the label. If I can't figure out where it goes, then I will take it back to the building where a clerk will look in our databases to correct the address. So you should get it the next day. The worse case would be if it is a post office box address we don't have on file and you have an unlisted phone number. Then we have to mail out a post card and wait for you to respond to it.

drewed

Shankman
A phone call never hurts, but don't blame me, I didn't load it:)

true that, i wouldnt deal with the 1800 number for this though, id deal with the local center, better results much quicker, and the entire "will attempt to retrieve correct info" is upto the local center it all depends on how vigilant thye are with it

Mike Hawk

Your package was scanned when it got to the center, so the status was "out for delivery", however it had a bad address so it didn't make it out for delivery. Could be the shipper forgot a digit on the street number, i see that a lot. Call 1800-042-5807 and give them the tracking info with the correct address, it should make it out for delivery on Monday.

Is there any way I can just go to my local center and pick it up tomorrow?

Will they try to charge me more if I pick it up in person?

I double checked my order stats and the correct address was originally on the package so I don't think I'll ever get it unless I either change the address to my aunts or relative or pick it up in person.

drewed

Shankman
Is there any way I can just go to my local center and pick it up tomorrow?

Will they try to charge me more if I pick it up in person?

I double checked my order stats and the correct address was originally on the package so I don't think I'll ever get it unless I either change the address to my aunts or relative or pick it up in person.

Ummmmm you should be able to, Id still call the 1800 number and put a will call on it, so itll get pulled and be ready for you id still do it in the early am (like before 830) you wont be charged to pick it up, just make sure you have your tracking number and such when you go in.

ah ok so the local centers still run on Saturdays?

I was mainly worried about them trying to tack on some fee for getting it in person on a Saturday...

drewed

Shankman
ah ok so the local centers still run on Saturdays?

I was mainly worried about them trying to tack on some fee for getting it in person on a Saturday...

yea the sat deliveries thats an extra charge but as long as someones in the center, it should be no problem to pick it up

Just checked my tracking info again for the fun of it and they sent me a postcard...

HOW ARE THEY GOING TO SEND ME A POSTCARD IF THEY CANT EVEN SEND THE PACKAGE?

that really makes me wonder... anyway good thing i'm gettin that sucker tomorrow.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So all I'll need is an I.D and the tracking number to pick it up?
Maybe.
If its like my building , everything except Saturday work is locked up until Monday.
Since you will be getting a postcard, that means it has been moved to the customer counter & ( in my area ) a separate building to which no body on Saturday has a key too.

To answer your question of how a postcard can be sent, yet not the package to your address; your local mailman goes to every house on your street everyday, they also sort their own loads, they have more knowledge than most people give them credit for.

Maybe.
If its like my building , everything except Saturday work is locked up until Monday.
Since you will be getting a postcard, that means it has been moved to the customer counter & ( in my area ) a separate building to which no body on Saturday has a key too.

To answer your question of how a postcard can be sent, yet not the package to your address; your local mailman goes to every house on your street everyday, they also sort their own loads, they have more knowledge than most people give them credit for.

The house i'm living in is sort of out in the country and the mail does NOT run out here.

We have a P.O. Box but I wonder if UPS has that info.

drewed

Shankman
The house i'm living in is sort of out in the country and the mail does NOT run out here.

like i said call them, and see if you can get anything out of that, im assuming since its a small center, its all in one building the drivers sort their own saturday volume and you should be able to pick it uo but GIVE THEM A CALL

tieguy

Banned
true that, i wouldnt deal with the 1800 number for this though, id deal with the local center, better results much quicker, and the entire "will attempt to retrieve correct info" is upto the local center it all depends on how vigilant thye are with it

One thing the folks at the 1800 number should be able to tell you is how the package was addressed by looking it up in a ups system called ships. this at least will give you an idea as to why it needed to be address corrected.

tieguy

Banned

ups does not deliver to po boxes. If it was shipped to the po box then we would do an address lookup to get your home address.

For future reference, next time you order anything to be delivered by UPS, have the shipper use your physical address (911 address) instead of your PO BOX number.

Status
Not open for further replies.