Question for you guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownSuit

This is a forum for UPS employees, this is not customer service.

However, to my knowledge 800-PICK-UPS is open almost 24 hours if not 24 hours a day. I've spoken with a folks from a couple of the call centers and generally they are there 18 hours a day with calls bouncing from one end of the country to another if somebody isn't available.

They definitely would have been in one of the West Coast Call Centers still when this thread was started.

In the future, it might be advisable to call 800-PICK-UPS for answers to these questions, no matter what the hour.

As for the Postcard, as mentioned previously, the package sits on a postcard for a week. If the postcard comes back with a forwarded address, delivery is attempted. If the postcard never comes back, it's assumed that somebody got it. If it comes back without another address, it's sent back.

During this time UPS should be in contact with the sender at some point. Your best bet if you don't have luck with 800 is to contact the sender.

Don't get mad at people on this site because they aren't caring enough, these are folks who don't know where your package is and can't do anything about it for you. Direct your question to customer service and it will be dealt with properly.

tieguy

Banned
UPS does not care about :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:. They got their money and now they could care less about my package.

I can't imagine how many people got burned like this, Ups sends them a postcard saying their package needs a better address and by time they get it the item is already being sent back!

And just to clarify for a SECOND DAMN TIME I did NOT tell UPS to ship to my PO Box! I just said that's where the little "we cant find your address lol" postcard would have to be sent.

I've only used UPS 4 times and only once has things gone smoothly.

1. Sent Xbox in for repairs, took them 5 days to get it there.
2. Ordered from newegg, truck got damaged and delayed the package 8 days.
3.Ordered second item from newegg, received it two days late
4.Ordered third item from newegg actually on time for a change!

How'd the post office do? thats right they won't deliver to your house.

satellitedriver

UPS does not care about :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:. They got their money and now they could care less about my package.

I can't imagine how many people got burned like this, Ups sends them a postcard saying their package needs a better address and by time they get it the item is already being sent back!

And just to clarify for a SECOND DAMN TIME I did NOT tell UPS to ship to my PO Box! I just said that's where the little "we cant find your address lol" postcard would have to be sent.

I've only used UPS 4 times and only once has things gone smoothly.

1. Sent Xbox in for repairs, took them 5 days to get it there.
2. Ordered from newegg, truck got damaged and delayed the package 8 days.
3.Ordered second item from newegg, received it two days late
4.Ordered third item from newegg actually on time for a change!
We do it on purpose.
We want to get people mad about not being able to live in mommies basement and have stuff delivered to them.
Game on, boy.

We do it on purpose.
We want to get people mad about not being able to live in mommies basement and have stuff delivered to them.
Game on, boy.

Well let me start by saying that UPS HAS delivered to my address before.

And i'm only 16 years old and have worked very hard for the things i'm ordering. Certainly not "mommies basement"

(thats right im not one of those 34 year olds that live with mommy)

The address on the package is the same as the one they have used to get me my packages before. That is why I'm so mad, there is no excuse except for possibly a new and inexperienced driver that I should not have got my package.

Now I have used my uncle's address who gets UPS stuff almost daily and if they somehow can't find that address then i'll pay the extra money for the rest of my life to have FED-EX ship my products.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Well let me start by saying that UPS HAS delivered to my address before.

And i'm only 16 years old and have worked very hard for the things i'm ordering. Certainly not "mommies basement"

(thats right im not one of those 34 year olds that live with mommy)

The address on the package is the same as the one they have used to get me my packages before. That is why I'm so mad, there is no excuse except for possibly a new and inexperienced driver that I should not have got my package.

Now I have used my uncle's address who gets UPS stuff almost daily and if they somehow can't find that address then i'll pay the extra money for the rest of my life to have FED-EX ship my products.

It sounds to me like the UPS label info was borked when the package was shipped. NO matter what the co that sent it told you, I bet you dimes to donuts there's an error (regardless of whether it was a small one or large).

Anyway regardless if UPS wants me to hate them or not I called today and changed the address to my Uncles so they might actually find it, so what i'm wondering is the change in address going to result in some crazy fee I must pay upon delivery and if so, how much?

upsgrunt

Relax-----any address correction gets charged to the shipper so you will owe nothing more. You are throwing around a lot of hate for all the help you have received on this site. Lighten up and grow up.

pretzel_man

I called today and they said Tuesday. Why not Monday?!? My package was due Friday the least they could do is get it on Monday, it's those little things that make me hate them the most.

When you asked them, "why not Monday", what did they say?

You also have not told us what was wrong with the address. You don't need to say what the actual address was, but was wrong that needed to be corrected.

There is no reason to not have it on Monday if all what was needed was a apartment number, simple address correction, etc.

If the original address was poor enough that it ended up in the wrong delivery building, it would take an extra day.

If UPS truly screwed up a perfectly addressed package, give us that info. If that happened, the exception message on the web should have been different

You have thrown a lot of stones at many hard working and excellent people without giving any facts on the situation.

P-Man

brownrodster

Anyway regardless if UPS wants me to hate them or not I called today and changed the address to my Uncles so they might actually find it, so what i'm wondering is the change in address going to result in some crazy fee I must pay upon delivery and if so, how much?

A 10$ dollar fee charged to the shipper. They may or may not pass that fee on to you.

brownrodster

I for one would prefer you use Fed Ex. If your house is truly so rural that not even the post office goes there then we surely lose money on your delivery. Give it to fed ex so they can lose money on you.

Mike Hawk

If you really want your package have mommy drive you to the center and pick it up, she can even hold your hand when you have to talk to those big scary UPS guys.

If you really want your package have mommy drive you to the center and pick it up, she can even hold your hand when you have to talk to those big scary UPS guys.

No i'll have daddy deal with those UPS homos.

He'll pay the probably two fees they will try to nickel and dime us:
1. Address change~$10 (even tho we will have not had it delivered)
2. pick up at center fee~$10

Then we'll cuss those idiots out and never deal with the brown turds again.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

1. Address change is charged to the shipper
2. Never heard of that fee. Did you think that one up all by yourself?

Child, you should learn that no matter how much you cry the world does not care.
Using swears or mean words only shows others how little YOU actually know.
"Then we'll cuss those idiots out and never deal with the brown turds again." There are several things wrong with this statement.....ups can only go by what information is on the label, they can't magically read your thoughts. So they are not the "idiots" you assume.
As for "never deal with" again fat chance about that , unless you plan to drive ( or have daddy do it )all the way to the factories for all your future purchases.

BigBrownSanta

Why don't you show us how big a boy you really are by refusing the package when it shows up?

Tell the shipper you want it shipped fedex or else you don't want it. Period.

Why wait until the next time to not deal with "the brown turds"? Do it this time.

Why don't you show us how big a boy you really are by refusing the package when it shows up?

Tell the shipper you want it shipped fedex or else you don't want it. Period.

Why wait until the next time to not deal with "the brown turds"? Do it this time.

Because, even with the address change I don't think UPS will be able to send me my package to refuse it!

I paid them to DELIVER my package, they say my valid street is not valid, that's their problem but they will try to charge me $10 anyway.

Then they have the nerve to try and charge ME for going in person to the UPS center to pick it up when it's only saving them time and gas.

I paid them to DELIVER my package, they say my valid street is not valid, that's their problem but they will try to charge me $10 anyway

Well, no actually that's your problem. Just because there may be a sign at the end of the block with a street name or number does mean it is a valid street. Have you looked to see if that street is on the county road map? I'm betting it isn't. You've already stated that the Post Office doesn't deliver out there. Care to guess where we get our data base for addresses? That's right,from the Post Office.
So now your so called valid street becomes not so valid.

Then they have the nerve to try and charge ME for going in person to the UPS center to pick it up when it's only saving them time and gas.

Where did you get the idea you were gonna be charged for picking the package up?

drewed

Shankman
Because, even with the address change I don't think UPS will be able to send me my package to refuse it!

I paid them to DELIVER my package, they say my valid street is not valid, that's their problem but they will try to charge me $10 anyway.

actually whoever sent your package paid us to deliver it! so if the address is wrong the shipper will be the one paying the 10 dollars
how was your package shipped? if it was air you have a right to bitch, the person who shipped it can recieve a refund if UPS was truly at fault....if its a ground the service is 3-5 days sometimes it takes upto 10 days from data transmission to pu to transit time and delivery

and 2nd that blog you posted was from someone less informed then you are, UPS does not own a UPS store they are all independent franchisees, they on a individual basis decide whether or not to charge a pick up fee, and why wouldnt they? youd be taking up space in their store. If you call and request a pick up at a center its completely free.

So lay off the rockstar for a couple, take a breath, pop off some tissue children youll get your package soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.