Question, new to UPS

Nickfury7

Im in pennsylvania, i think its the chesapeake. And sorry for all the spelling errors. Im doing all this typing on my phone, and its a pain to go back and correct the errors.

Johney

Im in pennsylvania, i think its the chesapeake. And sorry for all the spelling errors. Im doing all this typing on my phone, and its a pain to go back and correct the errors.
No problem buddy, just SLOW DOWN your typing like you need to slow down your route running. Sooner or later you will have errors there also from going so fast.

Hey, I worked during peak from October to december, and when i was in training with supervisor I asked him what are the odds of me getting hired, he said there are none, no matter how good you do, we have no room for anyone. So I was about to quit that day, but i did not. I worked through peak I did three different routes and was under atleast two hours on each route. And then they had me do split routes abd i was getting them done by like 230 everyday. Now its end of peak and they still have me working, and now my supervisor doesnt want to give me up, he said I did excellent, and he dont want to lose me. So the center manager gseen my times and called Hr and told them to get me a job as air driver now, doing 5am to 10am tues-fri, plus staurday 630am-12pm. Doing this until May until summer peak. And then they say ill make seniority list by september abd my seniority date will start from october 2011. Now since Im officislly hired PT but not in union yet, do i get partial benefits, and am I going to get a higher hourly rate doing air driving? And do I get partial benefits?
Fat chance

rocket man

Well when the head HR guy called me, he told me my seniorty date will start from the first day I worked at Ups. and the center manager told this to the air supervisor to also work me mondays. And I understand young guys tear routes up. But when you do a route cold, and you ndver been in that area before in your life, and they just give you 205 stops and a map and tell u to go. And when im done at 230. My supervisor could not believe it. But i dont know whats going on I think the center manager trying to sneak me in.
YOU ARe good . IM Intreasted to know IF YOU WILL POST WHEN THE DRIVER FOLLOW UPS COME IN ? WHEN YOU you got done at 230 on a blind route with over 200 stops did they let you go home early? they let us go home as soon as we get in and how did you do the rest of the days? just wondering maybe i can get some tips from you. you should post you center on this. there are many who will call and put in a good word for you. thats how 5 drivers over the last 5 years did it from this site good luck to you. keep up the good work

Southwestern

While I'm not certain where Chesapeake is in PA (I thought it was in VA?), if you're in the New England Area supplemental contract, then what ryan84 wrote would be correct. I advise you to contact HR and inquire about employment status -- they need to let you know if you're being hired as PT, or if you're being kept onboard as FT. If the former's true, somebody's feeding you B.S. If the latter's true, then you're already in.

Nickfury7

When i finished my route, they told me to take my hour lunch, and then they had me go help someone with about 30 stops, and be back by 5 because I had 9 pickups on the route i was doing. But im pretty sure in the long run I will slow down. But i really.enjoy this job. Like all the guys that are there complained when they recieved 170 stops, I liked when I recieved alot. I really do enjoy working thete. Only thing that sucked was the old truck I had without powersteering, abd having to shave everyday. But everything else I loved. Hopefully everything works out good for me. But what are the driver follow ups? Are you talking about the over under times

Southwestern

When i finished my route, they told me to take my hour lunch, and then they had me go help someone with about 30 stops, and be back by 5 because I had 9 pickups on the route i was doing. But im pretty sure in the long run I will slow down. But i really.enjoy this job. Like all the guys that are there complained when they recieved 170 stops, I liked when I recieved alot. I really do enjoy working thete. Only thing that sucked was the old truck I had without powersteering, abd having to shave everyday. But everything else I loved. Hopefully everything works out good for me. But what are the driver follow ups? Are you talking about the over under times

You perform a driver follow up when somebody claims they didn't receive their package.

I glad you enjoyed the job, but for the sake of everybody employed by the company, I would hope that if the company keeps you, they're following procedure. If not, then I hope the PTers are smart enough to file.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I call B.S. on this whole thread.

1st. he spells abd instead of and. Pay attention 2 wear the N is.

2nd. 205 stops @ 5HRS. is a 41 sphor. BULLCRAP. The best drivers R pushing low 20's and even then, they r ushing risk of injury, accidents & driver follow ups.

What, R u on 50 mile routes doing 205 stops @ 205 pcs. LoL.

If your burning up routes that you run blind,never run B4, & R meeting & helping other drivers then U R not clocked out @ 2:30.

Stop talking crap cause I'm not impressed. You still gotta get your BOOTS WET B4 you can start burning routes up. Your talking 2 guys who know the job, do the job, & also were route burners@ 1 time or another.

This is not an XBOX 360 nor a PS3. Go play a different game NOOB.

3rd. We all know the contract. Ain't gonna happen. I'll keep an eye @ the P.A. area & C if any Air or full-time driver positions R open on UPS.com because they would B posted if they were open to outsiders.

4th. We've been getting alot of threads relating to going fulltime after seasonal & most R people registered Jan. 2012. Beginning 2 think maybe a person is creating multiple accounts & dumping all these "new" threads on how they R superman & UPS is giving me a golden ticket.

Okay, even if you R getting a part time air u are going to be @ bottem of the list. Working Saturdays is a 6th day and will go 2 senior drivers 1st. Yea, they obviously already have Air Drivers which means Seniority over you and guess what. If there is a position open for Full-time, they WILL outbid you & maybe other part-timers as well.

If there is any truth here @ all, it's that managers will dangle a false story in front of you 2 keep u around & waiting 4 yrs. B4 your due a chance.

Nickfury7

I explained why all the mispelled words. Im on my little phone typing all this crap. And why would I make this up. Im saying my diad had no more stops in it by 2:30. I finished all my work at 2:30. And lol, @ you thinking im bsing. Smh. your probable one of them guys that been there 30 years that can barely do 110 stops by 7pm. Its time to retire by that time. And I had one claim, and it was BS lady received 4 packages and claiming she only received 3 of them, and they were all scanned at the same time. And I just signed up today. Someone at the center told me about this site. I just dont understand why you think I would make all this **** up?????

Nickfury7

And my total miles for a day was average of 55 miles...and i had about 40 business stops and rest of them were residential. And when i first started when I went out with the supervisor he told me if you do 25 stops in an hour your good, if you do 30 your great. My first hour, he said I did 37 in an hour. So from the start I did good. But you dont have to believe me, I just came here to ask a question, didnt know I would get called a bser...

Nickfury7

But I apologize if I offended anyone. I wont post anything else. But thank you to the ones for valuable information. I greatly appreciate it.

Johney

And my total miles for a day was average of 55 miles...and i had about 40 business stops and rest of them were residential. And when i first started when I went out with the supervisor he told me if you do 25 stops in an hour your good, if you do 30 your great. My first hour, he said I did 37 in an hour. So from the start I did good. But you dont have to believe me, I just came here to ask a question, didnt know I would get called a bser...
I gotta call BS. 40 business stops and your still running 37 SPORH by yourself? You must have a delivery for every house on every street. I have a very tight area during peak and I can barely make 40 SPORH with a helper. It's still tight now and I can just make 20 per hour by myself. I know my area like the back of my hand,your new and running numbers like that? I've never seen that in 20+ years.

Johney

But I apologize if I offended anyone. I wont post anything else. But thank you to the ones for valuable information. I greatly appreciate it.
Your not offending me(not sure about anyone else)I just find your production numbers a little hard to believe.

Nickfury7

Like I said you dont have to believe me. My last route I did was friday, and I did 187, and I was done by 2:47. It was the third day I did the route. I was only over on my first two days there, and thats because it was pouring and my first two days on my own, and once my sup said something that changed real fast. But evry route ive done i was under 2 hours.

DS

Fenderbender
They are seasoned drivers that work hard every day and 41 stops an hour would be not only impossible it would be bordering criminal to accomplish this.
You have to be breaking rules to do attain these numbers. You are not supposed to run,no pkgs in the cab,bulkhead secured,4ways on,the sup that rode with you must've let a few things slide.OK you like to work hard,but in 15 years will you keep up this pace?I do 130 stops in 9.5 hrs every day,and I bet it would take you 11 hrs to do it.You are doing easy resi stops,I have 23 reg p/u and up to 25 oncalls on top of 90 deliveries,so you see,each area is different.
Don't question us,it's obvious you are not following the methods,Take your lunch,between 12 and 3...brown nosing at ups gets you nowhere.

Nickfury7

All the old guys that are there told me they didnt take there lunch until there 2nd year, because they wanted to get in first. And thats how I am, im scratching. And believe what you would like. Im proud of what I did, because I must of did good if they brought me back. And i know for sure I can do much better once I really learn the area. And I did not brown nose... Just because I worked hard, thats brown nosong?