Question on Diad Input for a Multiple Business Stop

QKRSTKR

Ok let's say you have an apartment complex that is secured and you have no access to any of the buildings. There are 4 stops with all the same address but different apartment numbers. When you leave at the leasing office do you prerecord each stop Individual then do left at for each one, or just one and do duplicate stop. If I had access to all the buildings they would all be recorded as stops. Technically I think you should leave an info notice on the outside door that is locked, then take to office. Or do you just leave at office? We have guys that will prerecord as separate stops, get one signature and get credit for 4 stops.

If your not to do this then why would the Diad give you the option to prerecord stops and assign each one left at resi? Which gives you credit for each stop.

QKRSTKR

Why would u put NI1. Just prerecord then LR when at the office.
Because that way if its a large complex and I make attempt to the apts. it shows what I'm doing. If you have ten stops and not in all of them because nobody is home then take to office it shows the stops spread out when you were at apt. Doors.

I've had it where office takes packages but may not be there for some odd reason. If you prerecord then get there and the office is closed your forced to go in and put them all not in 1 at same time. Looks fishy. Plus you get credit for taking the package up to apt. First. If you dup. it you also get credit for taking the package to the office. So you get credit for an extra package basically.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Ok let's say you have an apartment complex that is secured and you have no access to any of the buildings. There are 4 stops with all the same address but different apartment numbers. When you leave at the leasing office do you prerecord each stop Individual then do left at for each one, or just one and do duplicate stop. If I had access to all the buildings they would all be recorded as stops. Technically I think you should leave an info notice on the outside door that is locked, then take to office. Or do you just leave at office? We have guys that will prerecord as separate stops, get one signature and get credit for 4 stops.
If your not to do this then why would the Diad give you the option to prerecord stops and assign each one left at resi? Which gives you credit for each stop.

In driver school we were trained that in this case where you physically delivered all the stops to the office you'd prerec the stops then when you got the signature in the office for all the prerec'd stops it would only count as one stop. In the real world our sups trained me that if it's a secured building we're DR'ing and leaving at the door of the apartment unless it's something like a TV then get a sig.

barnyard

KTM rider
Ok let's say you have an apartment complex that is secured .........

If you ALWAYS leave them at the office, it is 1 stop. If you try to deliver to each apartment, then leave at the office, however many you have.

I have an apartment that the office says they do not want any delivery people walking to apartments, they sell it as a benefit to their tenants (overnight shift workers and such). I do not even ring the individual apartments, go right to the office and leave them all there. 1 stop.

beentheredonethat

Delivering NDA, NDS and Grounds at 3 separate times and taking a stop for each is text book padding stops. My customers would wonder what the hell I was doing if I ever did that.

I don't like black and white statements like this. I'm sure that's not how you meant it. I used to have a route a long time ago, where I was full out deliverying NDA, I had two bulk stops that had to be delivered early and they also had NDA, the rest of morning was NDA, if I was doing real good, the last building or two of businesses I could do NDA and grd at same time, but often, I was deliverying NDA all by itself until 10:29. Then I'd be back and deliverying ground from about 10:40 (after break) thru 2:30 PM, then start up with pickups shortly thereafter. (Yes with a lunch in too). But I agree, doing grd\air as seperate stops when it isn't necessary is padding and wrong.

QKRSTKR

In driver school we were trained that in this case where you physically delivered all the stops to the office you'd prerec the stops then when you got the signature in the office for all the prerec'd stops it would only count as one stop. In the real world our sups trained me that if it's a secured building we're DR'ing and leaving at the door of the apartment unless it's something like a TV then get a sig.
I do also. But if I don't have access and can't get in then I leave at office. All outside doors are locked. So I can't even knock on apt. Door.

still looking for answer as to why there is a la res. option which will record all prerecorded stops as Ind. stops and give you credit for each stop. If you have 5 stops in prerecord and do LR LR LR LR LR it will give you credit for 5 stops. When would you use this option?

kingOFchester

I don't like black and white statements like this. I'm sure that's not how you meant it. I used to have a route a long time ago, where I was full out deliverying NDA, I had two bulk stops that had to be delivered early and they also had NDA, the rest of morning was NDA, if I was doing real good, the last building or two of businesses I could do NDA and grd at same time, but often, I was deliverying NDA all by itself until 10:29. Then I'd be back and deliverying ground from about 10:40 (after break) thru 2:30 PM, then start up with pickups shortly thereafter. (Yes with a lunch in too). But I agree, doing grd\air as seperate stops when it isn't necessary is padding and wrong.

Unless I have an abundant amount of time, I will NOT deliver grounds with air's. You have one late air with grounds delivered during air's, and you are surely to get a warning letter in my center. I take credit for the NDA, and when I return I take credit for the ground. I was asked one time, why I didn't deliver ground with the air's being that I got done air's at 10:00am. I stated that I had no means to know what the traffic situation was on all the streets in the area. I do not know if I will get stuck behind a trash truck. I do not know how much time will be wasted waiting for signatures at any given stop. To many things can go wrong and I wanted to be sure to service my NDA as we are contracted to do. Didn't hear another word about it.

InsideUPS

Is that what the customer want's or is the customer ok with it and the driver is benefitting from it.

Not really sure East coast navy... We have a long time driver being discharged recording stops like this... He lost at the Local Level hearing and his case is now set for the State Panel.....

My discussion with several drivers in our center seems to indicate that what he did (record several stops for one delivery location) was routine and never fully explained to the drivers. Following the Local Level hearing, the center manager stated that he would give a PCM on the subject so that everyone is clear on the methods. In the driver's defense that is being discharged, I believe that a statement like this from the manager should exonerate any past discrepancies in diad recording methods.

CaptainObvious

I do also. But if I don't have access and can't get in then I leave at office. All outside doors are locked. So I can't even knock on apt. Door.

still looking for answer as to why there is a la res. option which will record all prerecorded stops as Ind. stops and give you credit for each stop. If you have 5 stops in prerecord and do LR LR LR LR LR it will give you credit for 5 stops. When would you use this option?

BrownSlave answered your question in a earlier post about using NI at Apts. and then re-sheeting as DUP LR when you leave with the manager. Maybe it just depends on where your from or who trains you I'm sure it's different everywhere.

How we do it here is after you make the attempt you scan info notice then pre-record the stop then do the same at the next apt. Then when you go to the office you hit pre-record and tag each stop LR, have manager sign,stop complete(office).

This saves you from having to sheet each package twice like the way your doing it.

QKRSTKR

BrownSlave answered your question in a earlier post about using NI at Apts. and then re-sheeting as DUP LR when you leave with the manager. Maybe it just depends on where your from or who trains you I'm sure it's different everywhere.

How we do it here is after you make the attempt you scan info notice then pre-record the stop then do the same at the next apt. Then when you go to the office you hit pre-record and tag each stop LR, have manager sign,stop complete(office).

This saves you from having to sheet each package twice like the way your doing it.

I like that. The only problem is when you have a big apt. Complex. Sometimes the office is closed when you get there. Then your stuck putting in multiple stops as not in one at the same time. Also when you prerecord you loose your time stamp on that delivery. Like I said, it can show large gap in your day. It's never been a issue. I know guys do it different and it never seems to come up.

barnyard

KTM rider

I use it at complexes where the office will take the packages, but want us to attempt them 1st.

Example: there is an 8 building complex on a route I cover, mostly students. Go to each building, ring the apt, deliver or leave notice and prerecord. After the last apt, go to the office and LA all the prerecords. Usually, I can get rid of a couple, but never all of them.

If in that example, I could take them all to the office without driving to each building, my boss would say that is 1 stop and I see his point.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you go to each apt first then take to rental office they are all stops. You should get credit for every address you left a note at. If you just go to rental office and no place else, just 1 stop.

QKRSTKR

I use it at complexes where the office will take the packages, but want us to attempt them 1st.

Example: there is an 8 building complex on a route I cover, mostly students. Go to each building, ring the apt, deliver or leave notice and prerecord. After the last apt, go to the office and LA all the prerecords. Usually, I can get rid of a couple, but never all of them.

If in that example, I could take them all to the office without driving to each building, my boss would say that is 1 stop and I see his point.
Again, what if the office is closed for some reason? I use NI1, scan info notice, mark office, hang on door. Re record all stops and pre record. Then leave at office under dupRes. You don't get credit for more stops. But you do get credit for pkgs again going to office. If your doing it right, each time you had to carry pkg back to car, etc.etc.etc. .

Dead horse at this point.

U

uber

When you guys go to an apartment complex or building with multiple floors do you enter in the floor # in for time allowance. I just noticed it next to the room # and started using it. What the hell why not?

I also have heard that you get more time allowance the close you hit stop complete you are to a door step.

S

serenity now

When you guys go to an apartment complex or building with multiple floors do you enter in the floor # in for time allowance. I just noticed it next to the room # and started using it. What the hell why not?

I also have heard that you get more time allowance the close you hit stop complete you are to a door step.

i just deliver the packages; not worried about their time allowances