Question on Failed Road Test

paapz

I got marks on grinding gears, too wide of turns (but he made point to make sure I made wide enough), then two hands on the wheel was told to me once. I don't know a lot of people are saying if they want you to pass you do.

upschuck

Sounds like you over exaggerated your turns. Just learn from your mistakes, and next time you will pass. No win situation if you push it.

Re-Raise

Do you have any experience driving vehicles the size of a package car?

If he feels he has to tell you how to go around corners without running over the curb, he must have felt the large vehicle was something you weren't accustomed to.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
He definitely never mentioned it being a DQ event, because if someone else failed I could retake... I hear a lot about having to wait months or a year? That's if you fail a road test in the "integrad" portion, correct?
No.

Not to my knowledge.

You fail outnof driving school but you only get DQd once you're on the road in my area.

paapz

He told me about the turns prior to even starting the vehicle. I have experience driving a 6-ton dump truck which is wider but PCs are a little longer.

paapz

Sounds like they wanted to fail you if everything you say is accurate. Maybe they like having you in your current position.

They took me out of my unit when I got the bid, and this other guy who took over for me I heard wasn't doing as well. Right before my test they put me back in my unit. I didnt put two and two together at the time.

MJoGo14

They are probably continuing down the list in seniority order.

If the people below you fail, and nobody else signs it, you'll get another crack at it before they go to hire off the street.

Failing the test usually means you have to wait a whole year before taking it again. Your best option is to speak with your union steward. If you feel you were given a biased score, ask to retake it with a different supervisor.

paapz

They are probably continuing down the list in seniority order.

If the people below you fail, and nobody else signs it, you'll get another crack at it before they go to hire off the street.

Failing the test usually means you have to wait a whole year before taking it again. Your best option is to speak with your union steward. If you feel you were given a biased score, ask to retake it with a different supervisor.

I do believe that's what he meant. Only 5 of us actually qualified from the whole hub. So, we will see.. Any recommendations on how to handle this? Speak with them and if not, then call my Union steward?

paapz

What happened again?

I failed by one mark, had complete control of the vehicle, went on the highway, never stalled once, backed it into the hub, and my test was a total 45 minutes. I'm pretty sure you can make jokes all you want, but it's really annoying for people like you who do. Just trying to come on and get advice, not to be made fun of..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I failed by one mark, had complete control of the vehicle, went on the highway, never stalled once, backed it into the hub, and my test was a total 45 minutes. I'm pretty sure you can make jokes all you want, it's really annoying for people like you who have to make jokes when people come on here for advice.
How did you fail then if you did so well?

paapz

Isn't that why I'm on here asking what to do regarding the situation? ..... Or is your intent to be an overzealous agitator?