Question on Failed Road Test

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
thread-delivers.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You can grind the gears or miss a mirror on a turn and it's all good if they like you ,,,, if the don't like you the could fail you on not using the hand rail !!

paapz

You can grind the gears or miss a mirror on a turn and it's all good if they like you ,,,, if the don't like you the could fail you on not using the hand rail !!

I'm hearing a lot of this and by "they" you mean management or the Road supervisor who gave me the test? All my supervisors, hub management have been talking to me about driving for months..

Dr.Brownz

Supposedly we are getting two new drivers here in October "when the volume pickups".....lol meanwhile we have multiple 9.5 violations and many non-bid drivers having to have pickups brought in by part time cover drivers because they are going to be out so late.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm hearing a lot of this and by "they" you mean management or the Road supervisor who gave me the test? All my supervisors, hub management have been talking to me about driving for months..
Yeah, the package car management. It sounds like you need practice driving and demonstrating the handling, shifting, etc. so maybe make a friend or two that can take you around the yard. I did this a few years ago and maybe helped someone pass their test...simply asked a reasonable and fair FT sup for permission to do so..

Conan04

. . . We have 3 on roads that are qualified to do it.

1 and 2 are jerks but have a 90%+ pass rate.

The third is my favorite on road. He has an 80% fail rate.

He's taught driving school, he been to mdst so I think he holds people to a higher standard and knows what it's like to get that dip:censored2: in driving school who someone just let slide through the driving test

Could you clarify mdst?

Last edited:

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Could you clarify mdst?
Management Driver Safety Training

It's the course they send onroads on to be qualified to train drivers and do your annual S and V ride.

A bunch of drives got sent last year to help train seasonals.

I train zero but got a paid week at our dist headquarters plus per diem and miles and food

paapz

Yeah, the package car management. It sounds like you need practice driving and demonstrating the handling, shifting, etc. so maybe make a friend or two that can take you around the yard. I did this a few years ago and maybe helped someone pass their test...simply asked a reasonable and fair FT sup for permission to do so..

Thanks. I'll definitely do that.

Ms.PacMan

Man, that's rough. I don't remember the driving test being a big deal years ago.

I didn't grind any gears but I did take a left across traffic into the inside lane so fast that I knocked the guys drink off the dash and out the door. oops....He thought it was a good thing that I wasn't scared of traffic. It sounds like it would be a mark now.

Notcool

I take my test Thursday... im not great at shifting but have driven a manual package car around the yard... I heard one guy failed because he was driving 5 miles under the speed limit at the beginning... so sup told him to turn around he failed lol I don't know how true it is but if they want you out there they will put you out there if not you fail. I will probably fail

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Grinding gears a little wouldn't fail you by itself.
When I went through driver school we were in a training "bus" (crappy package car with an even crappier spicer transmission, converted to be a mini-bus for instructional purposes) and one of the other guys in the class rolled backwards from a traffic light, across the opposite lane of traffic and into a gas station parking lot with like 8 of us in the truck. Talk about scary! He passed driving school somehow.