Question on filing a claim

pet man

Hi, I have been a everyday shipper for several years, the other day a package was damaged and returned to me, inside was 57 of the 60 squeeze tubes of pet cream I shipped, when I got my claim request faxed to me it says only 1 was damaged not 3..?? also.. the other 57 that has been returned to me are really soiled form the 3 that got damaged.. they can be cleaned and re sold but it will take 2-3 hours of cleaning time .. my question.. will ups refund me for the time it takes to clean the soiled ones?? I had plenty of insurance on the package..thanks!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Refund you for your time? I doubt it. It was either damaged (completely) or not.

This is not entirely true. It is true that UPS will not pay you for the time you took to clean off the tubes. What is not true is it was either damaged or not. This is called salvage--UPS will only pay for those items within the shipment that were damaged. Why we would pay for 60 tubes of pet cream when only 3 were damaged?

Indecisi0n

This is not entirely true. It is true that UPS will not pay you for the time you took to clean off the tubes. What is not true is it was either damaged or not. This is called salvage--UPS will only pay for those items within the shipment that were damaged. Why we would pay for 60 tubes of pet cream when only 3 were damaged?

True. What I was trying to say is UPS isn't going to pay for an item that you can clean and then sell.

pet man

True. What I was trying to say is UPS isn't going to pay for an item that you can clean and then sell.
I wasnt asking about paying for the item, I was asking about paying for the time it will take to get the item re-saleable.. In the condition they were sent back to me in, no one would want to touch them,let alone buy them. thanks!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wasnt asking about paying for the item, I was asking about paying for the time it will take to get the item re-saleable.. In the condition they were sent back to me in, no one would want to touch them,let alone buy them. thanks!

You said that you are an everyday shipper which means you have a pickup account with a shipper number. Call your acct rep and ask him/her what he/she can do for you on that. Maybe they could give you a credit or an adjustment on your bill for the time that you had to spend. It's worth a shot.

rod

Retired 22 years
You will be lucky to get paid for the 3 damaged ones without taking it to the Supreme Court. Just saying...