Question on timing of hiring process ...

50shadesofbrown

Hello all, I just signed up today and would like to say hi and also ask a question if I may.

I'm scheduled for my road test tomorrow and from what I understand a physical too, but how soon after would the driver training start presuming all else went well? I only ask since I just received an appointment today to test for another job next Monday.

Thank you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I assume that you are being hired in preparation for Peak, which starts in the middle of November and lasts until the middle of January. With just one week left in October they will need to get you behind the wheel as soon as possible.

What is the other job offer? Is it a job that will still be there in January?

50shadesofbrown

I applied after reading and ad for seasonal but they told me on interview it was full time. I guess I confused full time with permanent. The other job is NJ Transit and a permanent position.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Take the transit job.

Make sure you slow down when approaching a station.

Tell Christie he shouldn't try to squeeze 4 lanes of traffic in to 1.
Better off trying to tell the NJ Democrats who control everything, there are other solutions to problems besides raising taxes.

rod

Retired 22 years
Take the Transit job. UPS tends to try to make everyone believe being hired now "could" lead to a full time job. VERY slim odds of that happening.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you are going for a road test tomorrow, ask the road tester some of your questions. More than likely, they will tell you to take the transit job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's NJ
Nobody cares!!!
Including the NJ taxpayers. Oh sure, they will beotch and moan about it, but then re-elect the same clowns right back in?

Louis-CK-Scratches-His-Head.gif