Question on use of Inside Delivery

'Lord Brown's bidding'

The direction from corporate (received via training on the DIAD) was there were certain accounts we had gained asking for inside delivery option. It was something the shipper paid for. "Pharmacy" is one many here are familiar with (I had a situation where I delivered to a veterinarian's office where one person received their packages. Whenever they got meds, I was prompted to take them to the pharmacy [this is before pharmacy was lumped in with inside delivery]. Since this person was the one who took care of the medicine inventory, I explained to her the new policy and she just signed twice. Easy extra stop.)

One Inside Delivery I have to deal with on my route is the Portrait Studio inside Walmart. This is an account UPS recently won from FedEx, and corporate has been extra vigilant about making sure we choose "Inside Delivery" for all of the Portrait Studio's deliveries, even though not all of the packages give us the little prompt asking if we delivered to the Portrait Studio.

btg1972

The only time i've been told to use inside delivery is for pharmacy. we actually had a pcm for it other than that i have never used it or been told to use it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Just more proof of what a pain in the a-double-s this job has become. I liked the PCM the other day about this new returns service they're rolling out. Can't wait to deal with that during peak season.

kingOFchester

Question?

How do you void and re-sheet a stop later on. I know you can hit edit and void package, but how would you change the delivery point? Do you have to go back and get another signature. Never been in a situation where I had to void.

Thanks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Question?

How do you void and re-sheet a stop later on. I know you can hit edit and void package, but how would you change the delivery point? Do you have to go back and get another signature. Never been in a situation where I had to void.

Thanks.

When you want to void and resheet a package you would go back to that stop and scroll down to the package in question. You would then hit details which will give you the complete tracking number. Write down the package number, void the original entry, hit scan and type in the tracking number and complete the stop accordingly. You do not have to go back for a signature---simply write and then type in their last name and complete the stop with the new delivery location.

kingOFchester

When you want to void and resheet a package you would go back to that stop and scroll down to the package in question. You would then hit details which will give you the complete tracking number. Write down the package number, void the original entry, hit scan and type in the tracking number and complete the stop accordingly. You do not have to go back for a signature---simply write and then type in their last name and complete the stop with the new delivery location.

Thanks upstate.

Borderline 9.5

Is this how they told you to do it or are you making this up?

yeldarb

We have a driver whose whole route is a mall, and does about 60 stops. He was told except for the dock stops, every stop MUST be inside delivery. He had a hard time getting used to this, because he had been doing "receiver" for so long, he would stop complete without thinking about it. He got a warning letter a few days later because he would still forget to hit 9.
I have no idea why, but it seems shady from my point of view of management. It must do something about numbers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You do get additional credit for using Inside Delivery but your mgt team is misusing it when they directed the mall driver to use it at every stop inside the mall. The only time he should be using it would be for an anchor store (Target?) which has a pharmacy.

Borderline 9.5

This is how I was told to do it. How would you do it?

I would go back and get a signature and explain why. I just don't like the idea of writing in someone else name on a delivery this important. I'm assuming that we're talking a prescription drugs. Plus the gps tag has the stop complete no where near the original location.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would go back and get a signature and explain why. I just don't like the idea of writing in someone else name on a delivery this important. I'm assuming that we're talking a prescription drugs. Plus the gps tag has the stop complete no where near the original location.

The original delivery, while voided, is still in the DIAD and can be pulled up if needed. I always write "Per ODS" in the remarks column when I am asked to void and resheet a package.

There is no way that I am going to break trace for something as stupid as how we are asked to designate a stop. The consignee received their package and the stop was completed based on the training that I received.

Buck Fifty

You do get additional credit for using Inside Delivery but your mgt team is misusing it when they directed the mall driver to use it at every stop inside the mall. The only time he should be using it would be for an anchor store (Target?) which has a pharmacy.

No you don't, that would be like saying you get extra credit for a SADR account. Too warm for snowballs !!!