Question regarding route up for bid.

Jackel7406

Long story short, one of our EAM routes are up for bid. They posted the route with a start time of 9(instead of 6:45). The supervisors are being secretive on where the EAM's are going to end up, it is assumed that they are going to end up with the driver who bid off the route. I have nearly 10 years as a swing driver and was interested in bidding the route as it was(EAM rt), I have been told I can file a grievance once we find out where the EAM's are going. I guess I am looking for advice on if any other centers have dealt with this? The route has had EAM's on it for at least 15 years, can the supervisors play favorites and change it?

upschuck

They can change any route anyway they seem fit, and bid it. If you do not want the bid without the EAMs, then do not bid it. You would have no recourse for a grievance. That would be sweet though, getting off before 5 everyday.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They can change any route anyway they seem fit, and bid it. If you do not want the bid without the EAMs, then do not bid it. You would have no recourse for a grievance. That would be sweet though, getting off before 5 everyday.
Lol. Our EAM drivers work just as long as the rest of us.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here the most senior driver was allowed to be the designated EAM driver. He still had a full days work after running air but knew he would be done early. Still 11-12 hours almost every day.

upschuck

We are properly staffed with EAM drivers that are back by 8 looking for airs to take off people. Only rarely do ground drivers get called in to run some EAMs.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
number of hours or clockwise? Here they may work same number of hours if doing ground too, but since they start so early, they finish early. Don't have any EAM/ground bid routes though.
They finish the same time the average non EAM driver does, 730-800. As a matter of fact I walked out with two of them just last night and mentioned this thread, they also loled. That's why my initial post I loled as I showed them the thread as we walked out.