Question regarding skilled pay/Irreg. Driver

Kodeex

Hi all,

I have a question that I was hoping I might be able to get some insight on. I started working at UPS nearly five months ago, doing the evening shift as an unloader. Well, about two and a half weeks ago, I started my training to become an irreg driver.

I've been driving my own train around for a little bit over a week, and I've basically finished training--all that's left is for me to get my zip codes down better ( not to mention get a bit more confident! )

I was wondering, how long does it usually take for someone's pay to go up as a result of going from unskilled to skilled labor? I just got my paycheck, and it still is $9.50 rather than $10.50. One of the other irreg drivers already asked me if my boss put me down as an irreg driver so that I'd get my raise yet, and I told him no. I still haven't gotten it, though I've been handling irregs and working the shift for two and a half weeks.

Does it take a few weeks of doing the position, or does the raise usually go into effect within the first two weeks? I plan on speaking to my boss about it, because I definitely don't want to miss out on any pay that I should've gotten, but did not.

Thanks!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Paychecks are 1 week behind, You should get the raise from the day you started the new position. Do not wait around, talk to the payroll sup imediately. If not corrected you have 5 days from date of knowledge to file a grievance. That does not mean you cannot still file but you will only get back pay for 5 days from the day you file.

22.34life

What you need to ask your full time sup is what is he coding your pay to, you can look on the time report you should get daily and see, it should say irreg under your start time to the left if it doesnt you wont get the raise until it does.