Question- work on Sunday?

coolslice

I don't visit here much, but I was just curious if anyone has been told that you will be working a Sunday? We are having a normal workday the day after Thanksgiving, and just this week we were told we would be working on Sunday Dec. 21st. They said other sunday's may be a possibility. This is not going over well at our building, and the union is clueless (as usual) as to the pay, etc.. Has anyone else heard this?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Wouldn't surprise me at all. I get the bad feeling they are going to pull out all the stops especially if we get some nasty weather.

UPSGUY72

You can be on the clock 60 hrs a week. And you need a 34 hr reset window. You can't work 7 days a week as a UPS package car driver. Your ORS fall under the same rules.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You can be on the clock 60 hrs a week. And you need a 34 hr reset window. You can't work 7 days a week as a UPS package car driver. Your ORS fall under the same rules.
They are talking about the Sunday before Christmas. With Christmas being a day off (for now) that would satisfy the no 7 day rule.

UPSGUY72

They are talking about the Sunday before Christmas. With Christmas being a day off (for now) that would satisfy the no 7 day rule.

I agree. However if they are talking about the Sunday before x-mass than they will probably want to work the Sat before x-mass in that case they would a issue.

smapple

Lol if you want a chance to stay on past peak....if they ask you to work an extra day...you smile and ask what time?

Can I reapply in January if they let me go after peak for that? Because I've been letting HR and supes know since beginning that I can't work Sundays and they say okay don't worry about it.

upschuck

Can I reapply in January if they let me go after peak for that? Because I've been letting HR and supes know since beginning that I can't work Sundays and they say okay don't worry about it.
If we do work a Sunday, their attitude will change. I would think the only Sunday we'd work is Dec 21, and that is crunch time, so saying no might very well upset management enough where you'd get a "no rehire" status. Hope this doesn't happen to you, but sups probably don't know we'd be working any Sats, so they say what they say.

The Day Sort in my building will be working every Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving. Would not be surprised it they start a week before. Brings in a lot of double shifters.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You can reapply but a lot of buildings don't hiring again till around March.