Question

KS1068

I am getting an MRI of my knee Monday at 8:15am, District Safety manager pushed to get it done, he said xray was not good enough,, so far so good,, My hub manager called and said they usually don't like doing things this fast, but the district manager has the say she said,, I have a lawyer on hold, she said she is willing to give advice and let me know if things are going like they should,,, so hopefully it will be all ok,, and He also said Liberty is going to call about lost wages, and benefits, and etc..

Last edited:

ups79

I am getting an MRI of my knee Monday at 8:15am, District Safety manager pushed to get it done, he said xray was not good enough,, so far so good,, My hub manager called and said they usually don't like doing things this fast, but the district manager has the say she said,, I have a lawyer on hold, she said she is willing to give advice and let me know if things are going like they should,,, so hopefully it will be all ok,, and He also said Liberty is going to call about lost wages, and benefits, and etc..

Now in this post you are worried about workmens comp. You sure are milking this thing. I wonder after you get done what you made off of ups working what 40 hours during xmas season?

KS1068

How in the heck do you think I am milking it?? I cannot walk a couple of feet without extreme pain, and my knee locks and grinds,, How am I making this up?? I am NOT,, I am just a post college student inbetween graduation and the start of my career, thought I make a few extra bucks, never in my wildest imagination did I think I would get hurt,, I played sports my entire life even college level, and not a fat lazy person who complains over a pulled muscle.. So I am not sure how you can say I am milking this,, just hope you would recieve the care I am getting if something similar happens to you,, cuz it is NO FUN at all but having people get tests you feel need to be done is reassuring...

Last edited:
Now in this post you are worried about workmens comp. You sure are milking this thing. I wonder after you get done what you made off of ups working what 40 hours during xmas season?

It looks to me like she got injured on the job and is just trying to get her injury taken care of. What's up your butt? Having a rough peak?

cantwin69

I'm sure if it were you that was injured, you'd turn down any kind of benefits offered to you while you were off work, right? After all, your not working so why should you collect any pay? I bet you'd also pay for any tests you needed. You sound like a real a** to me. I bet your jealous.

ups79

I'm sure if it were you that was injured, you'd turn down any kind of benefits offered to you while you were off work, right? After all, your not working so why should you collect any pay? I bet you'd also pay for any tests you needed. You sound like a real a** to me. I bet your jealous.

I'am jealous alright, sitting at home collecting my pension.

KS1068

I just wanted to update after my MRI results, I ended up with pretty bad bone bruising all the way down to the marrow of my knee joint in both my femur and my leg bone, I believe my tibia (no evidence of bruising on skin). The MRI lite up like a Christmas tree on my medial side of my knee, however no ligament tears, which I was glad to hear, but a possible facture on my leg tibia bone. I have to see an ortho Dr on Wed to see what happens next. I switched Dr's as the last dr was a jerk, he told me no ice, or wrap, but after MRI, he was like WHOA, you need to stay off this, and ice,, DUH,, so I am now seeing another Dr closer to home, after I complained to 3 people through UPS and Liberty, but I am pleased with the company Dr now, he is closer for one, no more 1 1/2 hrs to see a Dr, and he is more independent thinking than the last. Also the ortho he is sending me too, I know of, from others that went to her. I am hoping there is no surgery involved, but my Dr is concerned if there was a fracture, there could be some tears in my cartilege as well.. The new Dr, once I described what happen, he was like OUCH, and was like that is what happens to sports players especially football players, their foot gets planted, but body keep moving, hence the extreme force into my knee joint, he was amazed I kept working,, I have a high pain tolerance for a girl.. I am still trying to figure out workmens comp, I might have it figure all out once I am discharged..lol.

I have a high pain tolerance for a girl.. I am still trying to figure out workmens comp, I might have it figure all out once I am discharged..lol.
Chit, I'm relatively sure that women have twice the pain tolerance than men. I have a pretty high tolerance but there ain't no way I'm goin thru child birth. unt uh, no no no.
As far as figuring out Workers comp, I urge you to use some of your spare time to contact your state's Workers Comp board. They can tell you exactly what you need to know. All the rules and laws are passed down through them.

dillweed

I am confused some, today was suppose to be my last day on truck,, I get that, but I am unable to pass a physical for my next job, so they are delaying my hiring until I get a full work release, which I don't think is going to happen for awhile,, so what am I to do until then,, find a new job that I can do?? Do I get benefits cuz I cannot work,, I am confused,, What is a temp worker entitled to?? Also can they not pay me for yesterday and todays work?? and I lose my bonus for staying the entire time?? Can anyone answer these questions,, if only one of them....

My gosh, what do you want?? You are only entitled to what the comp rules of your state says you're entitled to. You seem to have no problem demanding doctor after doctor and, with your attorney, you should make out like a bandit.

You want paid for the days you didn't work? You want your bonus for not missing a day?

Female sports player? Grow up, UPS is the real world and they don't care what games you've played or what sex you are.

"I am still trying to figure out workmens comp, I might have it figure all out once I am discharged..lol. " Glad to see you're laughing now, hope you get all that you feel you're entitled to, plus that all-important $100 bonus.

KS1068

My gosh, what do you want?? You are only entitled to what the comp rules of your state says you're entitled to. You seem to have no problem demanding doctor after doctor and, with your attorney, you should make out like a bandit.

Before you critized, you should take at look at it from my perspective, a recent college graduate about to start a great paying job for a recent college graduate, and now that job dumped me because I am on workmen's comp, and cannot walk, yet still my bills including student loan payments keep coming in, sorry if I am asking if I will get a paycheck. The reason for asking about what I am entitled to, because I was a temp worker, not a full time employee, so I was wondering if the rules of the state are different,, I understand I was not a regular employee plus I am not educated in workmen's comp laws, never thought I needed to know anything, never thought I would get hurt..

If you were in my shoes you would be asking about what you are entitled too,, I am not a lazy bum living off the system. My knee got really hurt working a job that I thought would help pay some bills til my next job started in January.

Oh for the record, I switched Dr's because the other was a jerk, you failed to mention that is why I demanded another COMPANY Dr (didn't demand for something that I did not have a right too), he told me I was fine, and ended up not being the case, plus he was 1 1/2hrs hrs away. I learned UPS is SUPPOSE to give you a list after you are hurt, and you CHOOSE your Dr off the list according to where you live, but UPS called me the day I told them I got hurt, and they ASSIGNED me this Dr, and gave me an appt time,, I did not know I had a right to a list til my parents told me, as they own a business and have workmens comp list posted..

I hope you NEVER get hurt on the job, but if you ever do, I just hope you get the best treatment available to you too, because when you are in pain, the last thing you need is to worry about what Dr you have to see, if he is a jerk,, etc.. I never said I hired a lawyer, but my parents wanted me to consult one if Liberty drags their feet about seeing Dr's, but that has not been the case, Liberty and my UPS case manager have been great.. I am NOT out to make a killing, if I never get anymore checks or money (I got my back checks from working on the truck, I was concerned they weren't going to give them to me) I will be fine I will make it somehow financially but all I am asking if I will get something for the time I am unable to work is all, not expecting 40hrs a week pay, or something unrealistic,, but all I really want is medical treatment to get my KNEE back, so I can leave UPS in my past.. So please don't be throwing stones at people who are only trying to figure things out..

dillweed

OK, don't get your buns in an uproar. No need to explain yourself to me, a simple laborer.

I've been hurt on the job twice at UPS and am, fortunately, one of those who had pretty good experience with it. UPS management and Liberty Mutual have both been decent to me.

By other posts it's obvious that others have not had such good luck. It IS a good idea to ask for second opinions and also for info on what sort of compensation you'll be getting. I don't blame you there and honestly hope you're taken care of properly.

May have sounded a bit harsh because of my age and background. Brought up during a time and by folks who preached "no free lunches", "tough :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:, get over it" and so forth. "Blessed are those who expect nothing, as they will not be disappointed". So any bone they throw to me is a real treat. It somehow amazes me to see lots of young folks come into my center and make it clear how special they are. Amazes me even more to see them catered to.

As a college graduate you are certainly not planning to be a mooch and are, by no means, stupid. I really do hope you get that knee made right the first time, get the work hardening therapy you need and can still take the job offer. You are young, strong and deserve a good start in life. Best of luck and don't hesitate to post here. We are all individuals with different life and work experiences. Our common ground is UPS and what shaky ground it can be. Peace and olive branch offered. dw