Question

oldbrownguy

Does anyone know what this means? I am guessing it has something to do with the number of posts one has made? "Rep Power107474" The number after the word "Rep Power" is different depending upon the person making the post.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The icon just to the right of Blog this Post (below your user name/avatar) that looks like the Star of David is for either adding to or subtracting from a member's reputation. This is usually used when a simple "Like" will not do or when a post upsets you to the point where a simple "Dislike" will not do. You should not place too much emphasis on the reputation or the post count as neither reflect the contributions that a member makes to the forum as a whole. There is a member here with nearly 58K posts and a rep value approaching 200K but there are those who feels she posts simply for the sake of posting and that she adds little to nothing to the discussion of the topic on hand. I have found that it is those members who post less often that normally have the most to say. Reputation can only be given on a periodic basis---I just gave you pos rep which means I would have to wait a while before doing it again. This ensures that no one member is artificially inflating or deflating another member's reputation numbers.

When you receive a new reputation comment or a "like" it will show up in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Click on the notification. You should have one now as I gave you pos rep for this thread.

As I said, you should not place any emphasis on the reputation number and should focus on the quality of your posts, not the quantity. 58K posts tells me you think you have a lot to say but in reality haven't really said anything at all.

over9five

Staff member
The icon just to the right of Blog this Post (below your user name/avatar) that looks like the Star of David is for either adding to or subtracting from a member's reputation. This is usually used when a simple "Like" will not do or when a post upsets you to the point where a simple "Dislike" will not do. You should not place too much emphasis on the reputation or the post count as neither reflect the contributions that a member makes to the forum as a whole. There is a member here with nearly 58K posts and a rep value approaching 200K but there are those who feels she posts simply for the sake of posting and that she adds little to nothing to the discussion of the topic on hand. I have found that it is those members who post less often that normally have the most to say. Reputation can only be given on a periodic basis---I just gave you pos rep which means I would have to wait a while before doing it again. This ensures that no one member is artificially inflating or deflating another member's reputation numbers.

When you receive a new reputation comment or a "like" it will show up in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Click on the notification. You should have one now as I gave you pos rep for this thread.

As I said, you should not place any emphasis on the reputation number and should focus on the quality of your posts, not the quantity. 58K posts tells me you think you have a lot to say but in reality haven't really said anything at all.
But it's alright if you're in second place with post counts, right?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"She, she, she"....spit it out Poindexter......trying to be cute or obtuse just doesn't suit you.

Say what you mean and mean what you say. It's called plain talk!!

S

serenity now

he just wanted an answer; not an editorial

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You 13.63 posts per day
Me 12.12 posts per day

The proof is in the numbers!!!

We have had this discussion before----your activity has spiked in the last 2-3 years--the numbers you posted are from when each of us first joined and, much like Rod, are no longer relevant. Zero us both out and you may be surprised at what you would see.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The numbers I posted are from this morning's figures. Are you saying Cheryl's numbers are inaccurate ??

Don't worry .....I zeroed you out ages ago!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
What I do in a week is none of your business.......why do you make it so. I'm retired......remember? I don't have to go to a 10-12 hr. job daily. I can do anyhing I want to do. I can watch a Pitbulls & Parolees marathon if I want to. Or a Duck Dynasty one too.

So, MYOB and don't try to manage MY TIME !!!

You'd juggle your golf handicap to suit your needs too.......all scores get reported.