Question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JawGAboi, Oct 5, 2015.

1. JawGAboi

JawGAboi New Member

I'm a full-time cover driver and so is this other driver. The other driver has more seniority. They bid on a route where the regular FT driver is gone on vacation for 4 weeks. The other driver won the bid for the entire time the regular driver is on vacation. One day there was a new preloader that loaded their car and it was blown out. I wasn't extra this day. That driver then comes to me and tells me I'm running that route and they are going home. What are the rules on all that? They bid on that route, so now that it's not an easy day you don't want it. All the shop Stewart says or showed me was: Seniority prevails at all times. So the time I'm on a route and I don't like it, I can just find someone with less seniority and make them run it?!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  2. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

huh.jpg

3. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

I was always told seniority gives you the right to work, not the right to go home. However, it always seems to still work both ways until you are the senior person. Capece?

4. BrownBrokeDown

BrownBrokeDown Active Member

Southern has some wording about seniority comes into play as long as it doesnt monetarily affect UPS. Article is somewhere in the 40's. Im too lazy right now to look it up and copy it over.

5. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

The last line in the seniority section states "seniority will prevail in all matters not covered in this agreement"

6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Have lots of send agains and CNL's on the out of the way stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Where is the Driver sup and Center Manager at? One driver can not tell another driver what route he is going to run that day. Of course if the center manager gives the driver the day off and tells you to run it, you would not have much recourse.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Do the job to the best of your ability and show the boss who the better man is.

9. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

If I were you, I'd ask a driver with more seniority than him with a cushy route, if he wanted the day off...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Nah, payback is better.

11. Stopher

Stopher Active Member

As long as the other driver doesn't run another rte than its legal so to speak. I'm a bit low on the full time driving seniority list and have a guy that try's to bumb me all the time. Best thing I have found is to walk up to any senior driver and offer to run there rte. they will always say yes and you will have a much better day. Try it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I wonder how many of these kid's know what CNL's are.

13. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Again, who is this Stewart guy?
    [​IMG]

14. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

We used UTL instead of CNL.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

So did we.

I wonder how many of these kid's now what either acronym stands for.

16. BrownBrokeDown

Non-driver here, but let me take a stab in the dark...
    unable to locate
    could not locate

17. BrownBrokeDown

Since you agree with me Upstate, maybe you will agree with suspending the patronizing tone you typically have in the majority of your posts...

18. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

I've never heard either of them what does it mean?

19. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

*know

20. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

guessed it