Questionable Management

B

badhab1

What is the purpose of any of the threads Mac? Heard a good one is pleasure and a relaxing exchange of stories & jokes. None of the others will change the world, even our own personal small one. I suppose it is the interaction of humans that seek confirmation by others of their situation in life or refute the same of conterparts. I suppose a portion of mine is created by occasional boredom and too much morning caffiene. Should all the threads be required to stand on their own merit there will not be many postings in my opinion. I must admit to petty chafing when I read of "one biting the hand". By the way, when your buzz from last night evaporates email me about your XM knowledge. Just getting into it and curious about potential (market that is). Now go take two aspirin and get to work.

U

upsgoat

Perhaps a thread about "Questionable Hourly" would be a change. A majority of the posts about "Questionable Management" were from the "Hourly In Question"

P

proups

This thread was started by a person that was accusing UPS managers and supervisors of being greedy and stuffing their pockets with profits.

Maybe we start a new thread called "Questionable, Uninformed, Brown Cafe Members!"

U

ups73

There are no bad UPS'ers, just some are beter than others. In my 30 yrs there have many leave. Those that leave unhappy remain unhappy at their other ventures. The moral being knowbody could have made them happy. Regardless of being a current or past employee, union or company, everyone has received so much from UPS.

As an individual you grow and learn that your capabilities are much more than you imagined. UPS tries to bring this out in EVERY employee. EVERY employee is asked and expected to give their maximum effort just as though we would do in our own personal interests. For that effort you decide to remain with one of the greatest companies in world that pays you maximum pay. All the negative posts havent told all the facts in an effort to gain readership. The real truth being that in the vast majority of cases people cause their own problems and usually cause themselves grief. If they are so bored that there is time to spend being negative channel the effort to improving yourself.

We never get the answers to life that we want but always get the answers to life that are needed. UPS believes in everyone of their people because UPS is everyone of the people. Without anyone person there is a setback that prevents the company from going forward. We rec'v the best wages, health care, fringes benefits tangibly. Intangibles are our personal growth, pride in the community and retirements, just to name a few. Have yet to go anywhere that I didnt get respect because of working at UPS. Why is that?

In my 30 yrs ther have been SOME questionable acts that will eventually be corrected. UPS has no intentions,EVER, to do anything that would jeopardize the integrity because that is what will affect the future growth more than any other thing. There is, however, an obligation to remain financially strong. Yes, to the stock holders but just as important to the future of the company which is how the payroll is met.

There are stronger mgrs just as there are stronger drivers, preloaders, hub sorters etc. Corporately we have some of the finest leadership available. Previous posts bad mouthed Kelly, OZ which is unfair. They too have very strong capabilities or they would not have acheived their level of leadership. We at times must follw blindly and faithfully. This is wy UPS is what it is today and will be grater in the future.

If all worked to their fullest abilities in all hthat they do, not just at UPS, they will grow inwardly and outwardly.

Instead, go to mgmt, with an honest open mind and get your negativeness resolved. Follow the chain of command , you will find every door open. This is a policy that is follwed. Realize that you may not like the msg but know that life doesnt answer in your favor all the time.

I dont intent to respond to responces or make other posts. I spend my time favorablly not on negative people or I will not continue to grow either. Just upset with the UPS bashers!

U

ups_vette

UPS73:
BRAVO SIR....Your 30 years with UPS have been spent learning and growing, just as you had wanted.