Questioning myself!?!

jaker

trolling
I know you filled out some checks , but why are you signing the diad couldn't you just dr it and take the check

I have people leave me open dollar checks , I just fill out the dollar part and leave their package but I will never sign the diad for no reason

oldngray

nowhere special
I know you filled out some checks , but why are you signing the diad couldn't you just dr it and take the check

I have people leave me open dollar checks , I just fill out the dollar part and leave their package but I will never sign the diad for no reason

Agreed. Take the check and DR if there isn't a signed notice too.

Cementups

Box Monkey
A really smart driver would never accept a key to a storage unit-----what if something were to come up missing? I would gladly go to the office, borrow the key, deliver the packages, secure the unit and return the key. I also would not text the customer.

It's not possible to steal with a borrowed key? Only a key given to you by the customer?

;)

oldngray

nowhere special
How many places do UPS drivers know the security codes for? Its the same as having a key in my opinion. I just didn't like the keys because of hassle of getting key and returning it or being concerned about losing it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
So maybe we should stop picking up TripPak boxes and Air boxes as well. Have keys and combos for those would have adverse effects as well.

What'dyabringmetoday???

A really smart driver would never accept a key to a storage unit-----what if something were to come up missing? I would gladly go to the office, borrow the key, deliver the packages, secure the unit and return the key. I also would not text the customer.
So would a really smart driver realize that if something was missing after "borrowing" a key that the really smart driver might be a suspect? Keep up the good work Captain.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Filling in the amount on the checks is OK, its not like you are making them out to yourself.

As far as the signature part...instead of a signature you should do Signed Delivery Notice and in the remarks type "see check" if they did not leave an actual notice. Their signature on the check itself can serve for that purpose.

Under no circumstances would I ever accept a key to a storage unit or even go into one without the customer there. Too much liability if something comes up missing, too much hassle keeping track of keys if that stop gets cut from one route to the next. We dont do keys.

upschuck

So would a really smart driver realize that if something was missing after "borrowing" a key that the really smart driver might be a suspect? Keep up the good work Captain.
And what is to say that the driver didn't "take" it when he was delivering? Manager always gave key(s) to me and could not leave the front desk, and it was up to me to find locker, open locker, deliver, and return key(s) to front desk.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I signed my initials in the box and typed "customer left checks" in clarify, but you are right I shouldn't have

Sent using BrownCafe App

No you shouldnt have. Technically at least this was dishonesty but in this case you made a procedural error with no dishonest intent. You had not been trained on how to deal with this particular situation so you did what you honestly thought was correct. I doubt they could get any discipline to stick, but I would urge you to NEVER do that again.

Johney

What's the difference between having a key and something turns up missing as opposed to getting the key from the office and something turns up missing?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Filling in the amount on the checks is OK, its not like you are making them out to yourself.

As far as the signature part...instead of a signature you should do Signed Delivery Notice and in the remarks type "see check" if they did not leave an actual notice. Their signature on the check itself can serve for that purpose.

Under no circumstances would I ever accept a key to a storage unit or even go into one without the customer there. Too much liability if something comes up missing, too much hassle keeping track of keys if that stop gets cut from one route to the next. We dont do keys.
Sorry but if you delivered to a large storage complex you would.

It's just how it's done. Go to office tell them what numbers you have deliveries for obtain keys. Go deliver. Return keys to office.

scoutlover

Do not use SDN for anything other than an actual signed delivery notice that you scan and turn in. Ever. We just lost a driver for good that did something similar to DR a package.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
Do not use SDN for anything other than an actual signed delivery notice that you scan and turn in. Ever. We just lost a driver for good that did something similar to DR a package.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Actually it can be just a signed piece of paper. It doesn't have to be a delivery notice. As long as it is signed and you can turn it in.

OPTION3

Everyone is confirming my thoughts, I shouldn't have filled in the checks and shouldn't have typed anything in under signature screen. No more favors, NI1+COD amount. I was trying to provide service but that's too much. Hindsights 20/20

Sent using BrownCafe App
UPS...Where no good deed goes unpunished

scoutlover

Actually it can be just a signed piece of paper. It doesn't have to be a delivery notice. As long as it is signed and you can turn it in.
During the talks with said employee, they said it had to actually be an infonotice. They went even further and said that in the event of a dispute, if the infonotice could not be produced, it was as good as lying about having one. I think that's dogpilling personally, but I think that's where scanning one it at the stop could help save your tail.

Sent using BrownCafe App