Questioning myself!?!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Never put yourself in a situation where your integrity can be questioned. Think about that next time you do anything out of the norm. Some might call it paranoid, I call it job protection. You also never have to come on a forum and ask "if I did the right thing" if you follow the rules 100%

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
No wonder you can't take lunch. I won't hold keys or EVER give a customer my cell number.
Some drivers will do extra for customers and some will not. That's the difference between drivers who get that nice fat xmas bonus from their customers and the ones who do not. I enjoy my 1k plus bonus from my customers during xmas.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Some drivers will do extra for customers and some will not. That's the difference between drivers who get that nice fat xmas bonus from their customers and the ones who do not. I enjoy my 1k plus bonus from my customers during xmas.
Upstate had a point though..what if something was stolen or missing from the storage unit that you have a key to?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Always eat a big breakfast. Carb up in the morning for sure. I eat all day, honestly just not a big fan of shutting it down for an hour during the day n eating my nuttz off at lunch and sitting for an hour. Makes me lazy and unmotivated, and after that hour id be like dam I got a lot of work left. Just my thing, it is what it is. Always take lunch, surely not giving them an hour at 50 bux. People can trip if they like, still don't give a :censored2: lmfao.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Always eat a big breakfast. Carb up in the morning for sure. I eat all day, honestly just not a big fan of shutting it down for an hour during the day n eating my nuttz off at lunch and sitting for an hour. Makes me lazy and unmotivated, and after that hour id be like dam I got a lot of work left. Just my thing, it is what it is. Always take lunch, surely not giving them an hour at 50 bux. People can trip if they like, still don't give a :censored2: lmfao.
That's word.. knee*********eeliac...lmao

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Upstate had a point though..what if something was stolen or missing from the storage unit that you have a key to?
Hasn't happened in the 4 years ive been dealing with him, and honestly the dude knows I wouldn't take anything out of it. So it wouldn't even be a question or issue directed toward me. That's called trust. It wouldn't even come to that trust me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hasn't happened in the 4 years ive been dealing with him, and honestly the dude knows I wouldn't take anything out of it. So it wouldn't even be a question or issue directed toward me. That's called trust. It wouldn't even come to that trust me.
I hear ya...wasn't calling you a thief..just ya never know
I'm a big fan of CYA..lol

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

All they can do is, trip. Do you, sir. When they put the haters in the ground, may the scribe: "He took his lunch between the third and fifth hour everyday".

Sent using a Potato

didyousheetit

You guys turn in your sdn I've been doing this well over 25 years never have turned one in or been asked to. I have keys to businesses that don't open till afternoon and leave their stuff all the time. Have had my annual ride along, sups are like that's great customer service.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Foamer Pyle

At the storage places around here, the manager or one of the employees always sign for packages that we deliver to their customers. I always go to the office and tell them how many packages I have, and which units they are for. They sign for the packages and give me the keys for those units. Sometimes they go along, and sometimes they don't.
Personally, I do not like going into anyone's storage unit. If your going to have crap sent there, then you should be there to sign for your crap.

As for the COD's, I have customers at residential stops tape checks to their doors, and leave them blank for me to fill out. I don't see a problem with that. I have had supervisors on the car many times, given these circumstances. I was never told to not fill out the check.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You guys turn in your sdn I've been doing this well over 25 years never have turned one in or been asked to. I have keys to businesses that don't open till afternoon and leave their stuff all the time. Have had my annual ride along, sups are like that's great customer service.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Just because this job blowz doesn't mean your service should blow. Ill still do the job to the best of my ability with my customers ive come to be acquainted with and them having the trust and faith in me knowing im going to take pride in my service I provide them. Call it nerdy, call it stupid, but some guys take more pride and seriousness in their work ethic more than others.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
You have to train the customers not be trained by them. Teach them how it will be and do everything by the book. No filling out checks, no taking keys, no calling or texting from your cell phone, no delivering to individual storage units- leave all packages with the office. Basically it's about making it as easy on yourself as possible. All that customer service talk is for suckers.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Everybody has their own style on how they do the job, that's for sure. Im all about whatever works for that individual driver then roll wit it.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
I will admit I don't get many Xmas bonuses from my customers. I don't provide poor service but I don't get taken advantage of the way I did when I first started. I just tell them what I can and cannot do and most of the time it works out if not I let the boss talk with them. I remember one time a center manager asked me about over allowed I explained to him that I was waiting for a customer at a pick up stop and he told me you don't wait. So next day I told customer I can't wait if your packages aren't ready then I'll get them tomorrow that's been my policy ever since. If boss wants me to start waiting then I'll work as directed.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If you do this job for a while you know what works and what doesn't, and know how far to go or not to go on different aspects of the job. Trial and error and you learn from that.