Questions About DHL

MassWineGuy

Can DHL folks please answer some questions I have? What's the state of the company's US ops? Are they hiring couriers?

Since it's European owned, are the pay and benefits good?

Thanks.

MassWineGuy

Are you going for the trifecta?

You washed out of the majors (UPS) and appear to be struggling in AAA (FedEx). Are you hoping to start over in the minors (DHL)?

Just when I thought the therapy that makes someone seem human might be working on you, such degrading garbage spews.

I'm doing well at FedEx and have never said otherwise. Much better class of managers, among other things.

I'm curious about DHL because it's European owned. Are the benefits and/or money better?

MAKAVELI

I don't think being European owned has anything to do with their pay and benefits here in the states. But from what I know, most of their drivers are Teamsters. Pay and benefits might be slightly better but their operations are much smaller than FedEx and UPS, thus making full-time openings much less likely.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think being European owned has anything to do with their pay and benefits here in the states. But from what I know, most of their drivers are Teamsters. Pay and benefits might be slightly better but their operations are much smaller than FedEx and UPS, thus making full-time openings much less likely.

DHL is owned by the German post office.

The couriers here are not Teamsters and are poorly paid.

BROWNCAT

DHL couriers from Metro NYC are teamsters, just like UPS most of them have to start part-time and make their way up to full time when a slot is available by seniority order, but even part-time some work full-time hours but with a lower hourly pay and part-time benefits. (according to a DHL courier I was talking to at lunch break the other day).

bacha29

Could somebody please catch me up on the history of what DHL has been doing in recent years. Back in nthe late 90's DHL suspended it's outbound US pick up and delivery .They were losng almost a billion dollars a year here in the US. From that point onward they were handing their US inbound freight off to private conractor's and couriers. So my question is what has DHL been doing in recent years?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Prepare to have cobwebs formed over this thread. I doubt those drivers/ contractors know about this corner of the cafe...

Smoked

Funny how brown thinks there number 1! Remember DHL moves your freight all over seas, we are teamsters.. And if you do A company profile you will see DHL is the Biggest in The shipping industry! We're the top Dog!

Smoked

Are you going for the trifecta?

You washed out of the majors (UPS) and appear to be struggling in AAA (FedEx). Are you hoping to start over in the minors (DHL)?
Funny how brown thinks there number 1! Remember DHL moves your freight all over seas, we are teamsters.. And if you do A company profile youwill see DHL is the Biggest in The shipping industry! We're the top Dog!

Read more:Funny how brown thinks there number 1! Remember DHL moves your freight all over seas, we are teamsters.. And if you do A company profile youwill see DHL is the Biggest in The shipping industry! We're the top Dog!

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/questions-about-dhl.363546/#ixzz3ztbCOpva