Questions about driving

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Re-Raise, Upstate...You just......don't.......get it

Tell you what - If I fail, fall on my face, crash & burn (whatever) I will publicly post so here, let you know, so you can jump all over it, and here is why -

Man, it's just a job. It is not who I am.

I guarantee you, with no doubt at all (no shame at all, either) that I have failed at ten times more things than you have. I am positive that I have crashed & burned in more things than you have probably ever tried. I have failed ALOT!!!! This does not bother me, negatively affect me at all; the only people that don't fail are the people who don't DO anything.

If I fail, I will immediately tell you, for two reasons; One, I will be over it & moving on within 15 minutes or so, and two, if my failure brings you joy, then something positive will come out of it.

It is not that I don't care about my driving job - I do, and I enjoy it as well - it is simply that, if I have done everything possible to succeed, yet still fail, there is nothing at all to be upset about.

I've said it elsewhere here, I'll say it again - not a day goes by at my UPS employ that I don't THANK GOD for people with attitudes such as yours.

Re-Raise

Re-Raise, Upstate...You just......don't.......get it

Tell you what - If I fail, fall on my face, crash & burn (whatever) I will publicly post so here, let you know, so you can jump all over it, and here is why -

Man, it's just a job. It is not who I am.

I guarantee you, with no doubt at all (no shame at all, either) that I have failed at ten times more things than you have. I am positive that I have crashed & burned in more things than you have probably ever tried. I have failed ALOT!!!! This does not bother me, negatively affect me at all; the only people that don't fail are the people who don't DO anything.

If I fail, I will immediately tell you, for two reasons; One, I will be over it & moving on within 15 minutes or so, and two, if my failure brings you joy, then something positive will come out of it.

It is not that I don't care about my driving job - I do, and I enjoy it as well - it is simply that, if I have done everything possible to succeed, yet still fail, there is nothing at all to be upset about.

I've said it elsewhere here, I'll say it again - not a day goes by at my UPS employ that I don't THANK GOD for people with attitudes such as yours.

I have come to believe that there is no such thing as reality.. only a persons perception of reality. I always wondered how Michael Jackson sold so many albums. I used to ask myself who could possibly being buying it.

I am not saying you liked Michael Jackson, stay with me here I have a point to make.

It is just that two people can look at the same thing and see something completely different.

My wife has risen in her career to HR manager of a company in large part because the people she works with like her and want to see her succeed,in addition to her job skills

It sometimes helps to be humble and grateful for promotions. I can't imagine what you can gain by alienating people by predicting future success. Are you even grateful that you were hired for the preload ? Why walk into a place and announce that you are the greatest SOB there. You said you have people like me at your work so I can only guess you have proclaimed your greatness there as well on this site. Dude seriously you can be confident in yourself without being so grandiose. Then some of us old stupid drivers who waited for seniority might want to help you.

That is just my perception of reality as I see it.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I can't imagine what you can gain by alienating people by predicting future success.

Are you even grateful that you were hired for the preload ?

Why walk into a place and announce that you are the greatest SOB there.

I can only guess you have proclaimed your greatness there as well on this site.

Dude seriously you can be confident in yourself without being so grandiose.

That is just my perception of reality as I see it.

Perception of reality - good point - especially since I never wrote anything like the above that you have perceived.

BBAG, I have a couple of questions, but first I want to say that I am not flaming you in any way, just curious.
Was your opportunity to go to driving school afforded to you out of the kindness of your center manager's heart or was there an actual bid list for driving candidates? How many PTers from your center were also sent to the school?

Re-Raise

I know many of you have been posting here for a long time. I have been following the the threads and the news stories here for a couple of years. I finally registered a few weeks ago. I hope this running dialog I have been having with BBAG doesn't make me come off as overly confrontational or anything.

One thing I have learned from driving is that if you make a good first impression it can soften any mistakes you might make later, and on the other hand if start off on the wrong foot it is hard to change their opinion.

So I hope I haven't made the wrong first impression here. I just see a lot of very qualified, hard working part-timers paying their dues every day for years and his supposed fast-track really struck a nerve with me.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I can only to be as enlightened as you some day.

...and to be much less arrogant in expressing that enlightenment.

you must take your english lessons from LiL "Comet". Seriously, why do you have to be such a pompous ass all the time. I'm sorry I just couldn't believe that you didn't know who the second largest figure in the American slave movement was. It may not be a part of your ancestry, but it is a part of your history. It amazes me that someone who is so quick to judge lacks the knowledge to back their comments.

* Sadly, i am aware that you will now put me up on the chopping block with BBAG but someone needs to say something. You seem like a bitter old man who never gets to open his mouth in his own home so he uses the internt to vent.

Perhaps you should practice what you preach.

Thank you.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
BBAG, I have a couple of questions, but first I want to say that I am not flaming you in any way, just curious.
Was your opportunity to go to driving school afforded to you out of the kindness of your center manager's heart or was there an actual bid list for driving candidates? How many PTers from your center were also sent to the school?

No flaming taken - valid questions, I think.

Bid List or Kindness of CMs heart? There was a bid list (My name went on everything) AND I bugged everyone and told them I wanted to go. Don't know which, either, or both got me to school.

No others from my center were at the school at the same time. However, guy I've been following, my "mentor" if you will, went 2 weeks before I did and DID NOT pass (talked about it on this forum). Another was offered after I went, he did not pass the online testing/qualification

Theichii

That's not fair to call people who don't understand the way UPS works a rookie, okay yes it is. I'm a rookie, but also the best damn rookie ever. I Preloaded for 4 months, yes it is hard, but driving is hard to, it gets easier because you know where everything is after awhile (who works where). But i'd be lying if i told you i wasn't the best in my center, i can go out with 94 stops, drive 184 miles and be back before 5 and have an hour left on lunch and over an hour left on bonus. and when i look at the report the next day and the only thing that comes close to -109 is -2 then i'm pretty good (or just not getting the overtime like i should)

/sarcasm, the above post is full of it, but i do get -109 when i want to get home.

Re-Raise

That's not fair to call people who don't understand the way UPS works a rookie, okay yes it is. I'm a rookie, but also the best damn rookie ever. I Preloaded for 4 months, yes it is hard, but driving is hard to, it gets easier because you know where everything is after awhile (who works where). But i'd be lying if i told you i wasn't the best in my center, i can go out with 94 stops, drive 184 miles and be back before 5 and have an hour left on lunch and over an hour left on bonus. and when i look at the report the next day and the only thing that comes close to -109 is -2 then i'm pretty good (or just not getting the overtime like i should)

/sarcasm, the above post is full of it, but i do get -109 when i want to get home.

I work in a bonus center. Drivers who haven't gained seniority yet aren't able to make bonus. Are you making bonus ? If not i think I would slow down a little. Being the best (fastest) in your center won't be as important to you 15 years from now. I said it before I'll say it again..this job is a marathon not a sprint.