Questions About Layoffs?

1000RR

Hey all, got a question about layoffs. I work the local sort at a small center. I have one guy underneath me on my sort. The schedule has me working every day this week M-friend at 5:35. Earlier today at 4:45 my supervisor called me and told me I would be "layed off" tonight. My question is how much notice do they have to give you? I've talked to a few stewards no such help. I'm gonna call my BA tomorrow and find out for sure, but in the mean time I need some opinions on here. Is this grieveable? By the way I live in Missouri.

brownrodster

How long have you worked for UPS? Do you have seniority?(IE have you worked 90 or 70 or whatever # of days)

Find yourself a copy of the contract and read it. Ask your steward for a copy. That is the best way to find the answer. The contract differs in different geographical areas, so we may not be able to provide you with a correct answer.

ups2

Hey all, got a question about layoffs. I work the local sort at a small center. I have one guy underneath me on my sort. The schedule has me working every day this week M-friend at 5:35. Earlier today at 4:45 my supervisor called me and told me I would be "layed off" tonight. My question is how much notice do they have to give you? I've talked to a few stewards no such help. I'm gonna call my BA tomorrow and find out for sure, but in the mean time I need some opinions on here. Is this grieveable? By the way I live in Missouri.
before your next shift starts