Questions about retirement

By The Book

I am sorry if this has been hashed out before, but after a week of searching the Brown Cafe Catacombs I haven't found an answer. My husband is debating retiring, but is unsure of were he stands in years in. 36 years with UPS. First 1.5 as a part time loader, next 6.5 years as a supervisor, 28 as a package driver (local 705). He doesn't seem to think the Sup years will count into anything for pension, but I thought it might be worth asking around. He should be able to ask HR, but as he has been averaging 15 hours a day for the last few months I would rather poke a bear with a stick then start riding him about this. Hoping to hang on til 2017, but you never know.
His current years of service as a driver plus his age may qualify him already. His 1.5 years as a part time employee should count as well. We are only paid on straight time hours so him working these long hours only boosts his cash on hand so to speak. If I work 2800 hours a year and the next guy work 2080 hours, we both get the same pension.

By The Book

Retired. Under UPS/Aetna plan and not Teamcare.
I think it's if your wife works and has insurance somewhere else,(co insurance ). Where you would turn in bills from her to your insurance. On your annual in/ out of network, once you meet the $200.00 out of pocket deductible you shouldn't have any more out of pocket for that year.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think it's if your wife works and has insurance somewhere else,(co insurance ). Where you would turn in bills from her to your insurance. On your annual in/ out of network, once you meet the $200.00 out of pocket deductible you shouldn't have any more out of pocket for that year.
OK, I am single so the Coinsurance shouldn't apply to me if you are correct.

By The Book

OK, I am single so the Coinsurance shouldn't apply to me if you are correct.
I would call the plan administrator for clarification about the co insurance question. It looks like either in or out of network will cost you $200.00 per year. So if you went out of network soon you'll need to pay the $200.00 deductible for that as well.