Questions about UPS hire process

jaker

trolling
LOL don't hate, appreciate. Actually, I was hired two days after my interview. I was interviewed on the 16th of April, I know this because I bought a dress shirt from h&m with my debit card on 7th avenue the day before my interview, and I have online banking, so I could see the date when I bought the shirt. I was called for orientation shortly after (probably the next day or couple hours after I had the interview). The orientation was on the 18th of April on a Thursday. I'm the exception, not the rule. Just because there is a policy that says things should be followed this way doesn't mean that it is going to go like that all the time, stop acting naive. See, attractive people like me could get the rules bent. Just have society works. Sorry that you couldn't do what I did.
Sorry you are not special ( well not that way) they do hire quickly if they are really short people and run checks while they are already working , remember they got 30 days to get rid of you for whatever reason they want

​And remember you will always be handsome to your mommy

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Sorry you are not special ( well not that way) they do hire quickly if they are really short people and run checks while they are already working , remember they got 30 days to get rid of you for whatever reason they want

​And remember you will always be handsome to your mommy

I'm still winning. I'm going to college and have my road test on the 29th of August which I will surely pass by using my good look charm on the examiner and pass. You mad bro?

So I called today to let them know I got my background check results and was told they'll call me once they have a job for me. Sounds like they're waiting for it to get busier or waiting for people to quit? I have a cousin that is a part time sup and he told me people quit all the time, especially new hires

Box Ox

So I called today to let them know I got my background check results and was told they'll call me once they have a job for me. Sounds like they're waiting for it to get busier or waiting for people to quit? I have a cousin that is a part time sup and he told me people quit all the time, especially new hires

Yeah, new hires tend to sink or swim pretty quickly. It can be a real shock to the system, especially if one is started at unload and isn't willing to give their body time to adapt to it. Some can handle unload but can't get their pieces into the right places/cars as they're coming hard down the belt while on load. Definitely not a job for everybody. UPS probably has you on deck in case someone quits so the hub/center doesn't have to, for example, ask for another location to send a loader or wait a few weeks for someone to pass a background check.

You might want to ask your HR contact if any other hubs or centers in your area have current openings that might also work well for you since you're already in the system.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

See, I told you. I'm not the smartest guy or the most experienced UPS worker and I knew that was what they were doing to you. If you really want the job, call them every week. If its a small hub and they hired the right amount of desperate people, your chances are slim.

Also, any tips on learning twilight sort? Talked to a couple guys and was told that CA was hardest to memorize because all the splits but the rest are easy.

DTAHONDA

Also, any tips on learning twilight sort? Talked to a couple guys and was told that CA was hardest to memorize because all the splits but the rest are easy.
Thats weird they would start you as a sorter.. At my center you have to take a sort test. Its different everywhere so know one can really give you tips. Its going to be fast pace

Thats weird they would start you as a sorter.. At my center you have to take a sort test. Its different everywhere so know one can really give you tips. Its going to be fast pace
Yeah it is weird, i was told i would start as a loader but hey i cant complain about a dollar more! Lol and yeah im going to have to take the sort test too, im studying this weekend.

Dash549

Background checks usually take some time. Filling out all the paperwork is a good sign you are hired. It wouldn't hurt to stop by HR or call them.

My first day was last Tuesday, the hiring process went like this; sent in application for another location, computer asked if I wanted to switch locations and I said yes, a few days later I had an interview for Monday at 630 (only 1 other person showed up out of 5) had the tour (only one who actually got an interview), scheduled for second interview that Thursday (he also ran the background check), second interview at 330 AM and by 9:30 AM I got the call that my background check came back clear and that I was hired. Good luck to you