Quick Diad question.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brownpride, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Brownpride

Brownpride New Member

How do you show the store names instead of the address on the edd list screen ?

2. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

Are you management, or a driver?

If you are a driver this is an odd question, imo.

But with the lack of training this days, not really surprising.

As a driver, as far as I know, maybe you mean using the 'small arrow' up and down to select a specific address in the delivery list (DOL, EDD, ORION) and then punching the 'details' soft key to see if you can get more information?

And I think I know a lot.

3. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

"Details" I will often show you the receiver's name but if it doesn't you'll have to read the label.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. ducktape

ducktape Member

Letter z

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  5. ducktape

ducktape Member

Your welcome

6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Stores come and go. Don't be afraid to add new ones. Most drivers get set in their ways and don't do it. Same with dead pick ups. Have them removed.

7. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

It's actually really neat when it happens to me. Instead of addresses, it shows companies name on EDD list. Great for mall route since they all share 1 address and you don't have to keep hitting details.

How to do it? No clue :D

I'll try duckface suggestion

8. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

It will need to be typed into consignee list. If it is not there. Your dispatch sup can add it for you. Remember each store is a stop. Even though it has the same address

9. UPSER110

UPSER110 Active Member

correct. on Diad 5 hit the lighting bolt looking button top left (the one you use to light up the keys) then the file folder with the magnifying glass

10. Brownpride

Brownpride New Member

I'll try your suggestions. I know that if I hit details it will show the name. The reason I asked was because a couple of days back I dropped the DIAD pretty hard and when I picked it up I noticed that it was showing the store names instead of the address.

11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

There is another way where the consignee are listed in EDD instead of addresses. I've seen it but also can't remember.

12. Knothead

Knothead WTF?

This is correct. Press the letter Z when you are on the EDD screen and the consignee will pop up instead of the address if it has been entered previously by whomever is in charge of such things.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

I actually vaguely remember this on the DIAD training program now that you mention it.

14. Brownpride

Brownpride New Member

Thanks guys this will help me a lot when I'm delivering inside the mall.

15. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Keep your eyes moving ;) Malls are FULL of beautiful women. I was mad when I got bumped out of mine, had quite a few friends in there, some of whom are drop dead gorgeous

16. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

I learned something today.

17. rod

rod retired and happy

It was never that complicated sheeting on paper.

18. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

But remember when you sheets got wet, or you forgot your flashlight? The calculator feature is pretty cool.