Quick lunch question...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by What'dyabringmetoday???, Jul 5, 2013.

1. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

...ever bring a grill and cook a hot dog on lunch? Oops, I forgot that most skip lunch to help out. Lol?

2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

A couple of the FT car washers that used to work 8:00 PM till 4:00 in the morning would do that for a while. They had a lot of down time and no direct supervision. I think they would cook up some better meat than hamburger or hotdogs. Share with Feeder sups and FT hub sups and everyone was happy.

3. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Are local sort/ FT preload has a gas grill at the building. That being said you can't bring in a propane cylinder and put it in your package car. That would be considered a hazmat.

4. FilingBluesFL

FilingBluesFL Well-Known Member

5. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

And we can't have hazmats on the package car? :wink2:

6. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I was wondering something similar today while driving. Does anyone bring a swim suit with them & try to cool off either in a brook/river/lake or someone's pool in the summer on their route on lunch?

7. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

If its 100 degrees outside, the uniform itself makes an excellent swimsuit. Its gonna be soaking wet anyway; might as well be drenched with cold fresh water instead of sweat.

8. FilingBluesFL

Got plenty of apartments here in the city.

Take off socks, shoes, and sunglasses, jump in, wring things out a bit, good to go!

If there's a nice cool pool shower around, that works just as well, too! Get a lot of attention from the womens when I do this lol Mostly because they make fun of my boobies that are very prominent after a dip in the pool :(

9. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

Lawn sprinklers are the best. Just stand in the mist for a few then continue. Bone dry 10 stops later.

10. FilingBluesFL

Our sprinklers down here are unfiltered "natural" well water...

So you go in smelling like sweaty man and come out smelling like sweaty man that shat himself

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We had a driver, who is no longer with the company, do this one afternoon. He was making a delivery on a very hot day and the woman told him to feel free to jump in the pool. Unfortunately she didn't tell her husband who came home to see the UPS guy swimming in his pool.

12. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

A driver who ran a route near mine had the OK to use a customer's pool. He didn't change into swim clothes but jumped in fully clothed on those really hot days. He never had any complaints from customer.

13. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Sometimes a few wieners during the day can help change my mood.

14. serenity now

serenity now Guest

digested or received?

15. Indecisi0n

Both at the same time.

16. serenity now

serenity now Guest

17. Indecisi0n

18. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

LOL. I said, what what??

19. CFLBrown

CFLBrown New Member

The smelly water is most likely 'reclaimed water'. It's treated waste water. Anything from an actual well would be cleaner.

Either way I avoid most in ground lawn sprinklers.

20. theunforgetablefire

theunforgetablefire New Member

that song is now in my head forever thanks tosh.0