Quick question about an injury

Kawaiius

the other week i cut my hand and had to get stitches and it was deemed not my fault, i just got the bill from the hospital..shouldnt UPS have to pay my hospital visit bill since it was their fault and not mine?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
if it happened at work, it should be filed under workers comp. if off the job, personal insurance. bet when you went in, you failed to tell them it was job related.

your fault is not relevent to the discussion.

d

drewed

Shankman
The first question, when has ups ever claimed fault in an injury?

Did you file a incident report?

And Over9, i think we've had this discussion before, without knowing the whole story, the liability of UPS could be questioned, we can't make the assumption that UPS was liable.

Kawaiius

they know its job related my supervisor even went to the hospital with me when i got it stitched up and said numerous times it was job related, and i did file an accidnet report and it was deemed their fault not mine.

drewed

Shankman
they know its job related my supervisor even went to the hospital with me when i got it stitched up and said numerous times it was job related, and i did file an accidnet report and it was deemed their fault not mine.

well yea then its a comp claim and lib mutual will be paying it

drewed

Shankman
Give a copy to your supe, and make note of day you gave it to them!

yea....they should have an incident packet and itll go in there and sent off to lib mutual, id call the hospital in a couple weeks to see if its been taken care of, your sup should have given the hospital info who to bill to, since if they dont pay it in a timely manner itll show up on your credit report

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
remember too, unless you talked to someone from liberty mutual and gave them a statement, it might be that your management team has forgotten their methods, question them about when you need to call them.

d

tieguy

Banned
the other week i cut my hand and had to get stitches and it was deemed not my fault, i just got the bill from the hospital..shouldnt UPS have to pay my hospital visit bill since it was their fault and not mine?

I would have to wonder what you told the doctor. The first question they usually ask is how did it happen? Once you tell them it happened at work they treat it as workmans comp.

Did you report it to your supervisor the same day it happened?

drewed

Shankman
I would have to wonder what you told the doctor. The first question they usually ask is how did it happen? Once you tell them it happened at work they treat it as workmans comp.

Did you report it to your supervisor the same day it happened?

yea....i didnt think if it was a comp claim (as the dr thought) he would have recieved a bill

sano

yea....i didnt think if it was a comp claim (as the dr thought) he would have recieved a bill

Its really hard telling. Most medical systems are so disjointed, even they don’t know what’s going on.
My Mom recently was in an accident and broke her foot in 6 places and her back in 2 places. It was a worker’s comp covered incident, but my folks received bills from 6 different entities.
If it was just the billing that was disjointed that would be one thing, but the care itself was very spotty. No single person is looking at the whole case. She goes in for a follow-up appointment and she has to remind them that her back is broken in 2 places. Even though she is wearing a hard back brace under her shirt the doctor never thought to look at her back. When she asked "what about my back?" He said "OH yeah" and quickly paged through the file. It was obvious he had never even given the file so much as a glance before the meeting.
Sorry about the rant. nothing was said in this thread to deserve me going off like this, but its fresh on my mind right now.

<steps off soap box>

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
im dealing with the same type of bull locally at the hospital over my hand. hospitals left hand has no clue what the right hand, or the rest of the body is doing

way different than what i saw at duke......

d

over9five

Staff member
The first question, when has ups ever claimed fault in an injury?

Did you file a incident report?

And Over9, i think we've had this discussion before, without knowing the whole story, the liability of UPS could be questioned, we can't make the assumption that UPS was liable.

Oops, I meant that it would be paid by Workers Comp (Liberty Mutual), should have said that instead of UPS.