Quick question for the FedEx guys...

BrownArmy

Why does FedEx ground stick an info-notice (or whatever the FedEx name for it is) on the package they leave at people's doors?

UPS leaves an info-notice for sig. required packages etc., but why leave the note on the package if you're leaving the package?

Just curious.

Last edited:

thedownhillEXPRESS

Why does FedEx ground stick an info-notice (or whatever the FedEx name for it is) on the package you leave at people's doors?

UPS leaves an info-notice for sig. required packages etc., but why leave the note on the package if you're leaving the package?

Just curious.

Because they are insane

Glorifiedpackmule

Why does FedEx ground stick an info-notice (or whatever the FedEx name for it is) on the package you leave at people's doors?

Just curious.

They leave them so thieves following drivers around at Christmas can easily locate the package before they steal it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why does FedEx ground stick an info-notice (or whatever the FedEx name for it is) on the package they leave at people's doors?

Just curious.

Because they are stupid.

BrownArmy

Because they are stupid.

You work for FedEx - do you not know?

I drive for UPS, so I'm dropping pkgs off on porches where FedEx Ground has already been. I also occasionally receive pkgs from FedEx Ground.

In almost all cases, the FedEx-Ground 'post-it-note'* is on the pkg which is on the porch.

Every once in a while, the pkg is on the porch, and the 'post-it-note' is on the door-frame, or the mailbox.

*what is the proper term for this FedEx post-it-note?

I just don't get it.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You work for FedEx - do you not know?

I drive for UPS, so I'm dropping pkgs off on porches where FedEx Ground has already been. I also occasionally receive pkgs from FedEx Ground.

In almost all cases, the FedEx-Ground 'post-it-note'* is on the pkg which is on the porch.

Every once in a while, the pkg is on the porch, and the 'post-it-note' is on the door-frame, or the mailbox.

*what is the proper term for this FedEx post-it-note?

I just don't get it.

I work for Express, not Ground. I think they leave notes so they cover themselves if they leave it in the dumpster, or under the car, or in the dog's pen, or in the Ground driver's personal car if it's something good.

StuffItFred

Just curious.

Because it makes no sense

westin

I wish some bitch who's hormones are on a Parade would punch me. I'd run not only her ass over but her pkg too. Funny blog though lol.

STFXG

It's supposed to be used to notify where a package has been left. You leave the box at the side door fill out the notice saying where you left the package and then leave the notice on the front door. We no longer leave the "delivery notice" for front door deliveries. But most would just slap the tag on the box because leaving it on the door is redundant.

Also if we don't scan and leave a delivery notice then we can be held liable if the package ends up being stolen.

In other words... It's just a big waste of paper.

jmeti000

It's supposed to be used to notify where a package has been left. You leave the box at the side door fill out the notice saying where you left the package and then leave the notice on the front door. We no longer leave the "delivery notice" for front door deliveries. But most would just slap the tag on the box because leaving it on the door is redundant.

Also if we don't scan and leave a delivery notice then we can be held liable if the package ends up being stolen.

LMAO!! Fricken brilliant...why would you leave a tag in either place? For one, what good is it gonna do to leave a tag telling you where the box is actually ON THE BOX, and two what good does leaving a tag on the door do when anyone walking by can walk up, read it, and go grab the package? Whos the genius that thought this idea up cuz I want his job lol.

CJinx

Some of our guys will fold them over and use them to write notes to QA when it is not prudent to write on the box itself.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There was a big push for Ground drivers to leave info notices as there had been an issue with drivers not leaving them or DRing the pkg in an alternate location without letting the customer know. I agree that it was comical to walk up to make a delivery and see a Ground pkg with an info notice on it.

bbsam

Staff member
There was a big push for Ground drivers to leave info notices as there had been an issue with drivers not leaving them or DRing the pkg in an alternate location without letting the customer know. I agree that it was comical to walk up to make a delivery and see a Ground pkg with an info notice on it.
We are no longer required to leave them.

BrownArmy

Thanks...makes sense, I guess.